cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEk1Ypk1An6
Asteroid

Phone is trash since last update

Since the last update my phone is complete trash. This is why I switched from Apple, they pushed out updates that essentially disabled older versions of their phones before new releases if Samsung is going to do the same I might as well go back. My battery life is now garbage doesn't even last half a day, I can't send texts without restarting my phone between each message, everyone gets 2-5 copies of my texts, I get 2-3 copies of every text I receive. My phone feels like it's 100 degrees if I don't optimize it 10x a day and that's likely on the low end. Please address. I see lots of people are having similar issues with no response from Samsung. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phone is trash since last update

Have you tried wiping the cache partition of your device?

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userEk1Ypk1An6
Asteroid

I did this and I'm still sending double messages to everyone, there is an issue with the update that many people are having, not just me. Please look into the update and resolve. 

userEk1Ypk1An6
Asteroid

20190911_165210.jpg

Red Giant

@userEk1Ypk1An6 wrote:

Since the last update my phone is complete trash. This is why I switched from Apple, they pushed out updates that essentially disabled older versions of their phones before new releases if Samsung is going to do the same I might as well go back. My battery life is now garbage doesn't even last half a day, I can't send texts without restarting my phone between each message, everyone gets 2-5 copies of my texts, I get 2-3 copies of every text I receive. My phone feels like it's 100 degrees if I don't optimize it 10x a day and that's likely on the low end. Please address. I see lots of people are having similar issues with no response from Samsung. 

When something is draining the battery, try to see what it is.  Go to settings>device care>battery and tap on battery usage.  Check what is using battery the most...Also check to see if google app could be causing anything abnormal 

userEk1Ypk1An6
Asteroid

I do this multiple times a day, nothing is draining the battery abnormally. It's just dying 10x as fast as before using the same apps the same amount of time.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you checked your Device care>Battery Settings to see which applications are draining your battery the most? I would recommend optimizing those applications or adding them to your sleeping application list.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.