cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Phone opening apps under keyboard after update

My galaxy S9 has been asking me to update for around around a week, so today 03/14/20 I finally did.

I'm having an extremely annoying bug happen, where when I am typing on the keyboard, the phone randomly launches the apps that are located under the keyboard.

For example, Google Chrome is located on the home screen where the letter N would be on my keyboard. No matter what app I'm using, whether it be my regular texting, Snapchat, or Facebook Messenger. When I go to click the letter n, it's as if my phone registers that I'm clicking the Google Chrome button rather than letters on the keyboard. Since there are app buttons under my entire keyboard, it's constantly opening whatever is under the letters. 

It opens Chrome, the camera, my email, it's even been opening the weather app from the weather widget on my home screen. This is driving me crazy and it's never done this before. Didn't really have any problems before this update, and now it's super buggy. So irritating to continuously have to close apps that the phone keeps opening while I'm typing

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phone opening apps under keyboard after update

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Are you running a theme or a third-party launcher on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.