Original topic:

Phone won't read microsd card anymore

(Topic created on: 1/21/21 11:09 AM)
userfYKLbLgfGb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9

I have a galaxy S9 and have had a microsd card in it for some time. I had been getting error codes for a while about read/write errors, but then my camera started being unable to store to the card and would crash and switch to internal storage when I would try to take a picture. At this point I was able to view and access all of the photos and videos on the sd card on my phone.

I removed the card, mounted it onto an adapter and plugged it into my macbook. From there I transferred all of the files (I think and hope) onto my external hard drive. During the copying, I did get errors on numerous files about not being able to copy x file (I can't remember the error phrasing exactly now as this was several days ago because I have not had much time to deal with the issue). 

Today, I wanted to mount the sd card back onto my phone to cross check every single photo with what had been copied onto my ext hard drive (my photos are my life so yes, I will and want to go through the thousands of photos I have one by one to make sure not a single one was missed being backed up), but now my phone will no longer read the card. It knows it's there, but won't read it, just says it's corrupted. I have tried restarting the phone, and booting it in safe mode but still could not access anything on the card. I even deleted the "Android" file off of the sd card, as I read in a couple articles that that file was the cause of the corruption but no one was able to delete it. But, as I said, even after deleting it, I can't view the files on my phone. It wants me to setup/reformat the card which obviously will wipe it and I don't want to do that.

Is there anything I can do to make the phone be able to read the card again? I can view the files on my laptop still. Or do I just need to accept that whatever was saved was saved and move on? I did buy a new card, so another question is, how to I prevent this from happening in the future? This is so disheartening and frustrating.

0 Likes
2 Replies
fixitdan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9
not to familiar with sd cards, but i would try and download load what you could to your PC the transfer it to a flash drive, this way if you mess up something you still got a backup to work with
0 Likes
usermv46v9LVLW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9
thank you. sorry for long delay
0 Likes