cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usert61iaMKagq
Constellation

Photos downloaded from Samsung cloud to my phone have different dates. Downloaded photos change date

Hi,

I backed up my photos to the cloud, and then needed to do a Factory reset on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9).

The photos now appear in my gallery, after I have synced them with the cloud, although some of their dates have changed.

The bigger concern is that I want to download the photos onto my phone. For example, in order for me to play a Cloud video, I need to download it to my device.

When I downloaded the photos and videos to my phone, it changed the date of the photo, and therefore it changed the order that I can view them within the gallery.

Can I download the photos from the cloud to my phone, whilst maintaining the correct dates? The dates in the cloud are primarily correct, apart from a few examples.

I have a photo album that contains pictures of our baby son, and I want to ensure that they are kept in the correct chronological order. Therefore I need the dates within the photos to remain correct, and not change when I download them from the cloud.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Photos downloaded from Samsung cloud to my phone have different dates. Downloaded photos chan...

Hey there!

Unfortunately, When you back up your photos to your Samsung cloud, it shows the date you backed it up which will show "Date Created" on the device. You have an option to search in the play store for a third-party app like a photo editor app.

Starchaser
Galaxy

Re: Photos downloaded from Samsung cloud to my phone have different dates. Dow..

You could also rename the photos on your phone as say "baby 01, baby 02, and so on before upload.. That way they stay in cron order. Just an idea.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Photos downloaded from Samsung cloud to my phone have different dates. Downloaded photos change

Hey, 

@usert61iaMKagq

Where did you back up your gallery data to.

The Samsung cloud gallery sync database or Samsung cloud drive? 

CLF 

userS29CBbTkb4
Constellation

Re: Photos downloaded from Samsung cloud to my phone have different dates. Downloaded photos change

I have the same problem. I view Photos in my gallery that are "in the cloud' but are incorrect order, then if I download them they come to the top of my gallery with today's date, even if the photo was from 2015 and down deep in my gallery. Very frustrating as I was hoping to make some photo books but when I download all my pictures it's going to stuff up my whole gallery.

If there is a way to download it and it stays in its place in the gallery I would love to know how!