Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userQkInXPhyvx
Asteroid

PixelizeD theme has unreadable black menus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The theme PixelizeD was selected when I first set up this Galaxy S9+ and menu dialog slots were contrasted normally, with dark letters in a light-toned box. Somewhere along the succession of updates, the menu for Settings changed to all black slots with a white background behind them bot many appear blank or have very faint descriptions. Some have visible icons and features in blue, but many are blank until touched at which they open a menu item. Apps menu is the most inconvenient because other than icons, there is no visible script at first and if I touch and hold my finger on one of them a faint title will appear. Unfortunately, its under my finger and often unreadable, but when I release my finger it opens the item. I can guess at what some of the apps are by their icons and approximately locate others by guess and elimination. That is so tedious and counterproductive and when searching other settings dialogs I'll see a blue switch that I can flip on or off and a description of the line never appears at all.

I've tried reverse coloring and that does nothing helpful. Is there a solution?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userQkInXPhyvx
Asteroid

Re: PixelizeD theme has unreadable black menus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Before scouting for unnecessary apps and removing them, I noticed the Settings menus stayed in the normal black print/white background as the phone was returned to normal boot. What Safe Mode booting did is a mystery, for there were no other changes at that time.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would try switching back to the default theme it sounds like something happened with your theme which has made it not compatible with Android 9

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
userQkInXPhyvx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In the process of trying to diagnose some other problems, I booted into Safe Mode and those menus immediately returned to their black print over white background. At this point, I am still trying to run down which app(s) may have caused this rather than switching to a default theme.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userQkInXPhyvx When you went into safe mode did the theme change

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userQkInXPhyvx your theme has become incompatible with android pie 1ui you will need to select the default theme until the creator of your theme updates it

Note 9 User

userQkInXPhyvx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Before scouting for unnecessary apps and removing them, I noticed the Settings menus stayed in the normal black print/white background as the phone was returned to normal boot. What Safe Mode booting did is a mystery, for there were no other changes at that time.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Safe mode applied the default theme 

Note 9 User

sonic65101
Cosmic Ray

Try checking if the theme has been updated for Android 9....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try checking if the theme has been updated for Android 9.0. In Galaxy Themes, select the person icon and then Purchased Items. The Settings menu was changed in Pie.

userQkInXPhyvx
Asteroid

Re: Try checking if the theme has been updated for Android 9....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@sonic65101 wrote:

Try checking if the theme has been updated for Android 9.0. In Galaxy Themes, select the person icon and then Purchased Items. The Settings menu was changed in Pie.

It shows under Purchased Items and states Applied. I don't know whether that means it's updated or not.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Try checking if the theme has been updated for Android 9....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would try switching to the default theme to see if your theme is causing the problem 

Note 9 User