cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Babymarioglover
Astronaut

Possibly infected devices. And updates

Hello my name is David. I have had my Samsung Galaxy s9 a little over three months. I got only one security update and only one software update and that came in on April 1st. I have had problems with my phone after a week of having it. Apps crashing and my screen glitching. I kept losing connection to my service. Also I have factory reset my phone several times and It doesn't help. I keep my phone at a maximum of 19 GB of space taken up. I used norton halt exploit defender last night and it said my phone was at risk of Magellan vulnerability. I'm attaching the part that said it and what it can do. I don't know if it's true but it definitely seems like it is because it describes what is happening to my phone. What can I do to get the software and security updates. If not what can I do to protect my phone

3 REPLIES 3
Babymarioglover
Astronaut

What? I don't know what you were trying to say or do. But...

What? I don't know what you were trying to say or do. But thanks for commenting. I hope you have better luck with your phone

Highlighted
Sun

Re: Possibly infected devices. And updates

Hey, 

I'm pretty sure Google patched that last year when it was first discovered. Symantec is pretty vague about your phone being vulnerable and does have an advertisement underneith it to install its security software. You could turn on Google play protect and have it scan the apps installed on your phone. Also you could use Samsung Internet browser settings to turn on warn me about malicious websites. There's only so much we can do. Personally I don't have any anti virus and malware protection apps installed. Yep your carrier is two months behind on the security patch updates and they need to push them out to your phone.

CLF 

userhyo6Q6APD7
Cosmic Ray

As far as I can tell, if you have a factory unlocked phon...

As far as I can tell, if you have a factory unlocked phone. April 1 is the latest security release. If you have a Exynos variant, the July patch is going out.