Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Post update, can't close specific open apps without closing all

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Samsung Adam, 

This is only one of the issues that have been caused, not by the update, by the lack of communication from Samsung to its consumers re: major changes in functionality. 

Why doesn't Samsung sent out an update to us with the information on what functionality changes have been made and an informational how-to on how to use their apps to accomplish the tasks that used to be accomplished in a different way?

This is the third function that has been an issue and I am finding it quite irritating that I can't use my phone to accomplish the tasks that I have done previously. 

I mean seriously, I am not an octogenarian with the idea that these new fangled phones don't work properly or are too complicated for me to use. I use my phone for a variety of tasks and these problems inconvient at the very least. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! My phone just updated today, and this was making me crazy!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks a ton.  The apps clutter was irritating me

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Correct about swiping up to close apps - standard android practice (although because the default is card-stacked, you swipe away to either side to close).  

About the auto-hidden nav bar, you knew that was an option you can set to either stay on, or auto-hide, right?

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another option is simply to wait. If you have the new adaptive management functions enabled, the phone will close apps you're no longer using fairly quickly.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

@requa , that sounds interesting but I'm not sure I know what that is and how to turn it on or off. I've never noticed anything clear itself out of the recent apps panel. Could you tell us more about this.

CLF 

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@Clf, I understand this to be part of the Adaptive Battery feature as described at https://www.sammobile.com/2018/12/19/samsung-one-ui-android-pie-adaptive-battery. I have tested it by launching one or more apps I rarely use then leaving them running in Recent Apps, only to find them gone a few hours later. At least, I think this is what's going on.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@requa

Thanks, I read about adaptive battery at the Google website and a few others. I thought it only places restrictions on apps based on machine usage learning. I have a few apps in the rare bucket so I can give this a test. Pretty cool idea.

Thank you, 

CLF 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same complaint.   If I'm listening to spotify but want other apps closed in have to close all and re open spotify.   HUGE hassle to not be able to close one app

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the s9+ as well but you can close individual apps...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the s9+ as well but you can close individual apps without closing everything. Simply swipe away the app you are no longer using. That way you aren't closing all of them.

My problem, since the new update is my apps no longer auto-update. I have to go in & manually update all. But I've also found that I have to clear my cache for the Google play store in order for it to even update the apps. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?