cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZhN6X9GHsm
Asteroid

Power saving button no longer in my quick settings menu

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Today when I tried to toggle on the Power Savings button in the quick menu, it wouldn't go on.  Now it is gone.  Is there anyway to get it back?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sun

Re: Power saving button no longer in my quick settings menu

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

If Powering off / on doesn't bring it back there is one place that gives us the option to add or remove that particular tile to the quick settings panel. 

If you open developer options and scroll down to quick settings developer tiles and tap on it you will see a list of tiles you can add or remove to the quick settings panel. Power saving and sync are at the top of the list and turned on by default. If it's off turn it on. If it's on turn it off and then back on.

I don't know if this will help get it back because of the strange way it dissappeard. More like a fade out than a blink out.

Edit,  if power saving mode changes the screen resolution it's possible that the quick settings panel didn't adjust to the lower resolution so you might try changing the grid layout to 5x3. I doubt that will help but it's worth a try. As a last resort since the power saving tile is part of the device maintenance app you might try going into system settings /apps /device maintenance /storage and clear the cache. If that doesn't help you could charge the phone to 100% and clear the device maintenance app data then Unplug the charger. This will reset the app to its default settings just like a factory data reset would. It will take an hour or more for the app to analyze the power usage and display the battery life remaining. 

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go ahead and swipe all the way down to bring up your quick menu. You should see three vertical dots. Go ahead and click on that and then select button order. Then check if your power saving button is in the bottom tray. If it's not there then click reset

userZhN6X9GHsm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope not there either.  Reset on that screen doesn't bring it back either.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZhN6X9GHsm wrote:

Nope not there either.  Reset on that screen doesn't bring it back either.

What's your Model number and build along with carrier 

userZhN6X9GHsm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model SM-G960U

Build R16NW.G960USQS3ARI6

At&t

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungCole I'm stumped lol

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZhN6X9GHsm 

Powering your device off and then back on could get it back, it won't hurt if it doesn't.

Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

If Powering off / on doesn't bring it back there is one place that gives us the option to add or remove that particular tile to the quick settings panel. 

If you open developer options and scroll down to quick settings developer tiles and tap on it you will see a list of tiles you can add or remove to the quick settings panel. Power saving and sync are at the top of the list and turned on by default. If it's off turn it on. If it's on turn it off and then back on.

I don't know if this will help get it back because of the strange way it dissappeard. More like a fade out than a blink out.

Edit,  if power saving mode changes the screen resolution it's possible that the quick settings panel didn't adjust to the lower resolution so you might try changing the grid layout to 5x3. I doubt that will help but it's worth a try. As a last resort since the power saving tile is part of the device maintenance app you might try going into system settings /apps /device maintenance /storage and clear the cache. If that doesn't help you could charge the phone to 100% and clear the device maintenance app data then Unplug the charger. This will reset the app to its default settings just like a factory data reset would. It will take an hour or more for the app to analyze the power usage and display the battery life remaining. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SJohnson Thanks for the tag, certainly sounds like an odd thing to happen.

I just checked on a T-mobile S9 in office and it still has the setting so I'm going to assume an update didn't remove it. If you load the phone into safe mode userZhN6X9GHsm, does the setting reappear?

Also, let us know if the steps from CLF help out at all. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userZhN6X9GHsm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Developer options worked and the button toggles on and off again! Thanks so much!