JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Print button disappeared on Samsung notes

(Topic created: 10-28-2020 01:46 AM)
userPMVX4OcOLI
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After a notes upgrade, the print button is missing and pasted content is divided into lots of little pages which I don't want.  Any ideas?

8 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@userPMVX4OcOLI wrote:

After a notes upgrade, the print button is missing and pasted content is divided into lots of little pages which I don't want.  Any ideas?

A) When you open a note, click the 3 dot menu and you should find Print. 

B) For the individual pages, try this:

1. Open the Notes app
  2. Click the 3 line (hamburger) menu
  3. Click the Gear icon
  4. Click Note style. Change this from "Individual page" to "Infinite scrolling page".
userPMVX4OcOLI
Asteroid
Options

I don't have a gear icon.  From the three dot menu I only have these options.  Share,. Save as, delete, lock, sort pages, add to favourites, add tags, add to reminder, print.  I have the latest version so where is the gear icon?

0 Likes
quancayda
Asteroid
Options

"I don't have a gear icon.  From the three dot menu I only have these options.  Share,. Save as, delete, lock, sort pages, add to favourites, add tags, add to reminder, print. "
=> Print button located on Bottom of the list as you said ^^. Why don't you see it?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@userPMVX4OcOLI wrote:

I don't have a gear icon.  From the three dot menu I only have these options.  Share,. Save as, delete, lock, sort pages, add to favourites, add tags, add to reminder, print.  I have the latest version so where is the gear icon?

You are inside a note. The instructions I posted above didn't mention opening a note. Step one in my instructions is open the Notes app. Do not open a note. Then proceed to step 2 in my instructions. 

0 Likes
userPMVX4OcOLI
Asteroid
Options

Hi. Unfortunately when I clear the 3 dots menu, there is no gear option so I'm stuck with these silly little pages

Why can't I go back to the previous version of notes which was so much better.

I'm using a Samsung S9 plus phone.

Jill

0 Likes
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

This might help with finding the gear icon and changing the page style to infinite scrolling.

Have fun, 20201028_000918.jpg

20201028_001108.jpg

20201028_001724.jpg

Tuckersgrammy
Asteroid
Options
hey, thanks for the help! just spent better part of an hour trying to print a recipe from my Notes app then BAM, I google the issue and there yours is! 😊✌️
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes