cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JewellIV
Asteroid

Rcs on Verizon with unlocked s9+ G965U1

Can anyone find out why I cant get rcs or advanced messages to work on Verizon with my G965U1 

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Rcs on Verizon with unlocked s9+ G965U1

You will need to speak with Verizon directly, RCS is a carrier based application. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JewellIV
Asteroid

I have they don't know what is going on

I have they don't know what is going on

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I have they don't know what is going on

My only recommendation is to continue following up with your carrier as we have no information on carrier specific software or features. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JewellIV
Asteroid

Unfortunately I have tired both Google messages says my c...

Unfortunately I have tired both Google messages says my carriers does not have my device as compatible

Detailzguy
Cosmic Ray

I contacted VZW via chat. Here's what I discovered...

1. Their systems don't initially recognize unlocked developer phones. Reps manually have to provision them. For the longest time, my account showed my S9+ as an unknown/unidentified device. It worked, but the system didn't know what device I had. The first level tech manually connected my IMEI to my account on the backend. Something must've gone wonky during intial provisioning. I refreshed my account browser window after the tech said he connected my IMEI to my account. An S9+ phone graphic appeared on my account page, where one hadn't appeared before. A step in the right direction.
  2. Their developers are working on adding RCS to unlocked dev models. Please see below from excerpted chat held today (7/12/2019).
  • [It] looks like the Open Development models (essentially the unlocked models) are not yet eligible for the feature due to compatibility issues. I do see that our network team is working on a compatibility fix, though I am still trying to see if there is a tentative timeline.
  • ...an exact window isn't set. But I do see that it will be issued as a software update. (Would likely come through with a security patch.) Which would then be followed by the messaging app giving the opt in.
  • Generally speaking these patches tend to go out during the end of each month, but it may get pushed sooner if the network team gets the compatibility sorted out prior to that.

Hope this helps... some. And, I hope we soon get RCS.

userQBhZ8OaRrU
Constellation

The Note9 also no longer supports RCS after the July security update. Tech that I spoke with said that there was no current window to fix the issue. Glad you were able to get a little more information from someone talkative.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@JewellIV That is because Verizon RCS is only proprietary at the moment. Any unlocked unbranded device will not work. You will need to have a branded device. Also since it is proprietary the person receiving your texts must also have a branded device on the Verizon network. Verizon is currently beta testing RCS to be universal but the only obstacle is connecting to the Google jibe