cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userN0FilpSjhN
Asteroid

Receiving duplicate of previously received notifications when I connect to Wifi

Since the last update, I receive notifications on my phone (though not as consistently or reliably as before) while not connected to WiFi, but later on when I come home and my phone connects to WiFi, my phone goes off with notification after notification of both things I have previously been notified about (and have cleared or read) or things I SHOULD have been notified about during that time period off WiFi, but did not receive a notification on.  

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Receiving duplicate of previously received notifications when I connect to Wifi

@userN0FilpSjhN Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? Here are the steps.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
userN0FilpSjhN
Asteroid

Re: Receiving duplicate of previously received notifications when I connect to Wifi

I was able to do this yesterday and thought it had taken care of it issue because I didn't have the problem afterward yesterday, but today it's doing it again.

userp8tnPZd1ew
Constellation

Tried this but the issue remains

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there,

May I ask which apps are you experiencing these symptoms? Have you tried to force stop and clear cache on the apps?

Navigate to your settings > apps > find and click on each individual app you are experiencing the symptoms with > force stop > storage > clear cache.

See if that helps any.

Highlighted
userN0FilpSjhN
Asteroid

Almost every app that I allow notifications on (I turn notifications off for a lot of apps).  Facebook and Facebook Messenger are the consistent ones.  Also my Ring and the MyQ app for our home alarm and garage door.  Messages does, Instagram does.  Gmail usually does NOT have this problem though.  I just Force Stopped Facebook, Messenger, and the My Q all because they're currently the ones repeating notifications from 2 hours ago...also cleared cache.  Will let you know if that DOES work...not expecting that it will be a solution, though, as it affects many apps and not just one or two.

Koko_P
Astronaut

Re: Receiving duplicate of previously received notifications when I connect to..

I'm having a similar issue but it's related to my galaxy buds. Whenever I get a new notifications I'm read an old, deleted, notification instead of the new one.

userN0FilpSjhN
Asteroid

It may be that this doesn't have anything to do with Wi-Fi...I'm sitting at my desk at work connected to the WiFi and my phone just blew up with 42 Facebook Notifications that I had already received yesterday and earlier today.  It's insane!  

Also, I've used twice as much data this month as I typically do and I'm wondering if this is playing a part in it.  It seems to me that it should be a device issue, but is it possible that it's a carrier (AT&T) issue?

userp8tnPZd1ew
Constellation

I have the same problem