cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Recent update ruined 4G LTE

Hello, I have recently lost all ability to receive 4G LTE on my galaxy s9. I have tried absolutely everything to obtain my service back and it is not my service provider or area. I have found some posts online claiming that it was the last system update as of 7/27/2020 that ruined the service of Galaxy S9 owners. I am now stuck with a slow 3G-2 bar connection. It is also a big coincidence that Samsung is offering a S9 trade in for the new S20 note nearly 400$ off. Do not force people to upgrade to profit yourself! PLEASE HELP OR PUSH A PATCHED UPDATE SAMSUNG.

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Recent update ruined 4G LTE

I have an S9. Got the One UI 2.1 update a few weeks back. So did my oldest son.

No problem getting LTE. In fact, still getting AT&T's fake "5G-E" in some parts of town.

I have not seen any complaints of S9s losing LTE after the update, so don't project your issue as being "all S9 owners", because it's not.

Have you tried the basic remedies first? Putting it in airplane mode temporarily, then switching it back off? Verify the APN setting is correct? Reset network settings? Rebooting the phone? Wiping the cache partition?

The last drastic thing to try is a factory reset.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I have tried everything besides the cache partition I believe, and im not going to factory reset my device yet.  How do i go about wiping cache partitions? Im at a loss here, its been days running off 3G and it feels like im using my old S3 from eons ago. Thank you for responding!

Highlighted
Asteroid

you must not be paying attention...  my S9 and numourous others are experiencing the same thing.  But I've noticed its on boost mobiles network.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I just noticed your post now, I am also on Boost Mobile aswell.  Ill have to give that a try! Thank you!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm experiencing the same issue and no help from Boost. I've been hing up on left on hold by supervisors while on 3 way call with Samsung support.  I have spent over 13 hours in the past 4 days trying to get help with this same issue.  Funny how Boost is refusing to try a new sim card because that will force them to break the commitment they have with the national wireless association stating that no carrier is to unlock a phone prior to 1 years of service with said provider.  I have been dealing with Boost technical department telling me my phone was the issue and forcing me on Samsung but yet Samsung tech line said Boost didn't follow proper steps in diagnosing my concern. They said that in order for them to activate the new sim card that i purchased (new expanded network) they would need to unlock my device from sprint network.  At the time sprint and boost were together now joining t-mobile anyone that has a one year warranty on their device is not going to be able to proceed with a warranty exchange because Boost absolutely will not unlock the device to test with a new sim card. I smell a lawsuit coming real soon and i might just be the one to contact mh attorney.  They offered me a promotion that i took advantage of (boost up) they also offered me a 1 year warranty on the device and now they wont stand behind the warranty because they wont unlock my phone to try the new sim card and Samsung will not warranty my device unless this step is taken. False advertising is what that is, your telling customers they have a warranty and yet come to find out we really dont. Boost has gone down hill to the point it feels like im dealing with Verizon, a company i swore to myself i would never do business with ever again!!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Yup... i just had the run around on the phone aswell wasted 2 hours of my time. I cant try this SIM card trick if they wont unlock my SIM

Highlighted

Re: Re: Recent update ruined 4G LTE

It seems to be Boost and sprint members with s9 and s9 plus.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Recent update ruined 4G LTE

Its terrible and they are going to find themselves with a lawsuit sooner than later. Never mind back a month ago they just changed my data frkm unlimited to 35g without saying a word. My wife noticed when she couldn't upload a web page and come to find out, she was at her 35g mark and was pushed done to 2g.....what's going on isn't right!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Don't factory reset, it fixes nothing and creates more problems.