cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Restore Samsung cloud backup

Does anyone know how to restore backed up information from their Samsung cloud? Had to do a factory reset and I did a back up before I did it, but now I can't figure out how to restore my contacts

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Restore Samsung cloud backup

Go to settings search backup for Samsung cloud then search reset and it should have a option for a factory reset

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@Samsung_fVBkF39

Open Samsung cloud app. 

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should see three options, Backup this phone, restore data and delete backup.

Select restore data. Clear the checkmark from the All option and then select contacts from the list. Restore. 

This method will only restore your contacts. 

We can restore data for third party apps using the same method by tapping the right facing chevron next to the apps title. It opens a page where we can select only one app or two to restore. I hope this helps. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

Constellation

@CLF  

Good morning 

I have restored my messages twice but they don't appear in my messages app. any suggestions?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

If we open Samsung cloud and select restore the messages app entry displays the number of messages we have backed up.

If it shows a good number of messages backed up but doesn't restore them it might have an issue with connecting to the database and retrieving them. I will test mine in a bit. I'll back up my messages, delete all of them, use restore and let you know the results. Errands to run back later.

Best regards, 

CLF 

T-mobile

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS7DTB1

Security Patch Level

March 1st, 2020 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@user7MAAWcVpBg,

I backed up my current messages, it added the new messages to the previous backup. Samsung cloud shows I have 30 messages backed up.

Opened Samsung messages, deleted all messages and closed it.

Back to Samsung cloud to restore them. It restored all 30 messages. I counted them to make sure.

CLF