cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S9+ Android 10 Update Battery Drain Major Issue

Since the update to Android 10 rolled out, my s9+ is experiencing severe battery drain to it now.  It is going Fast. I haven't installed any new apps lately. I have confirmed with friends who just got the update they too are having this same issue signaling a bad update and issue with something changed in the UI.  The device also takes considerably longer to charge now even though fast charge is enabled.  It says it is fast charging, but doesn't always seem like it really since the update rolled through.  Doesn't matter which charging accessories are used.  

I have tried all troubleshooting steps with no solution available. 

Cache partition wipe does not solve. 

Full device reset/factory reset does not solve.

Individual app cache clears does not solve. 

Network resets does not solve. 

Individual variant being used is:

SM-G965U on T-Mobile.

Security Patch level is February 1, 2020

Carrier configuration version is 2.370001

- Ibuddy66
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S9+ Android 10 Update Battery Drain Major Issue

Same problem, tried all the fixes, no joy. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same issue on my Samsung S9 Edge, batter last for 12hrs not more after update to patch level 1 January 2020 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Still no response? Anybody else still having the same issue?

- Ibuddy66
Highlighted
Astronaut

@Ibuddy66 wrote:

Still no response? Anybody else still having the same issue?

Yup.  I have the regular (smaller) Galaxy S9 and very similar issue.  Doesn't matter which cable is being used, it takes forever to charge and less than a day to fully discharge.  Cache partition wipe didn't help, updating all the apps didn't help, I checked things like screen brightness and it was still set to how I had it.  Haven't done a factory wipe yet but that's pretty drastic and it sounds like that wouldn't help anyway. 

I wonder how many more services are running in the background with Android 10 versus 9.  It's not like they included any documentation or  "what's new" popup on first boot. 

Overall, very disappointed in this update.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Same problem here, called Samsung they acted like they've never heard of this is and a whole lot more that I'm experiencing. They said there wont be any software update for quite a while

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same here, chrome browser regularly freezes and battery drain is horrible 🙁