cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S9 - Android 10 Update - Quick battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never had issues with battery but after the recent Android 10 upgrade it started to darin really quick. I have to recharge phone at 2-3 pm now Smiley Sad. Did anybody else notice the same issue?

I didn't install any new apps so I'm pretty sure that upgrade caused it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S9 - Android 10 Update - Quick battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPD: Before hard reset I tried one more thing: forcedly updated all apps and reset cache partition one more time. Surprisingly it helped at least partially. Phone doesn't die in the mid of the day at least.

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same here. Battery life is terrible.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition since the recent update?

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the advise! I've already did so and now checking the effect.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for confirming.

Give this link here a shot and see if this helps any: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001451/

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I kept an eye on phone for couple of days after cache reset and unfortunetely it didn't help Smiley Sad. And more than this my wife's S9 also upgraded and now she has even worse battery drain than I do Smiley Sad.

So it looks like out phones were killed by updates and they were just 1 year old Smiley Sad(( And warranty is over.

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think you should do a factory reset at this point.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like so Smiley Sad((

I had the same story with my previous S7, made couple of hard resets but eventually have to drop it and replace by that S9. And now story is repeating with S9. What is the point to ruin phone with OS that can't normally work on it.

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah it's unfortunate. Sorry to hear. :/

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPD: Before hard reset I tried one more thing: forcedly updated all apps and reset cache partition one more time. Surprisingly it helped at least partially. Phone doesn't die in the mid of the day at least.

View solution in original post