cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S9 BLUETOOTH WONT AUTO CONNECT

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad to hear everything is working again. 

Highlighted
userfvGFZAy3MN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2011 Subaru Forrester!
userTxxLd2r9Of
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me too! Thank you so much 

userFdFdHdmF9E
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!!!!! Deleting my Samsung s9 from my list of phones, then turning off my car and turning it back on again worked! I clicked on the device on my cell, then it asked me for my passcode, which was on my car's navigation screen.

Thank you so very much!!!

usert4QOa1MMeb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My new S9 won't autoconnect either.

I have tried the suggestions earlier in the forum, but with no luck.

Model: SM-G960U

Baseband: G960USQS2ARF4

Service: Verizone

I am trying to connect to a Mercedes Bluetooth unit AND my Kenwood car sterio.  I can connect manually, but when I leave the car and come back, it will NOT auto connect and I have to connect manually (kind of defeats the safety purpose  of hands free driving).  I have spent 2 hours with Samsung support (deleting network settings, clearing Bluetooth cache/storage, unparing/repairing, etc.), I even downloaded the Samsung "Smart Tutor" app allowing Samsung support to access my phone, but still with no luck!

My old S6 would auto connect every time.

Also, my contacts on the S9 would NOT download to the Mercedes, despite saying "downloading" when manually connected?  I have contacts "allowed" on my S9, but they do not download.

On the Mercedes, I can't find where to delete device (and then attempt to re pair the phone).  Regardless, it doesn't auto connect in the Kennwood either!

I believe this is a BUG rather than a settings issue, or "glitch" as Samsung support stated.

Please help.  

userAWGJtZ684V
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just tried this and it worked for me as well. Thank you!! Still have no idea why this works... 

userSZjJAFOZQQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have also been having connectivity issues with the Galaxy S9 and my 2012 Prius.

Verizon

Samsung Galaxy S9  SM-G9600

Rev1.1

This was a problem with the S8 as well.

Every time I talk to the folks at Samsung, they say that there is no known problem. 

Clearly, as is indicated by the  entries in this blog, this is not a one off, isolated problem.

Samsung needs to fix the issue.

I am tired and frustrated with the run around I am getting. 

userkrwPv01Www
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I noticed with my verizon s8 and so that if my wifi is on while driving, the bluetooth will disconnect from the car (12 subaru impreza) 

I also cqnt get onn bluetooth headphones to pair with my s9 or my tab a but works fine with my s9 🤬🤬🤬🤬

userqE5UR7xS89
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the no auto connect problem with my new sgs9+ and my 2013 Subaru outback.  I found this forum and read about using all voice commands to pair the two. It has worked for me. Now auto connect works.

userGsQ1cWZqta
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION