cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S9 BLUETOOTH WONT AUTO CONNECT

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend calling the car manufacturer to see what steps you would need to take to update the radio.

mrstummy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I ask why a radio update would be necessary for the S9, when the S7 worked just fine, as recently as last week?  Seems to me to be a phone issue, versus a car issue.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since the S9 is a newer model, it's Bluetooth specifications are newer as well. The S7 runs Bluetooth 4.0 whereas the S9 runs Bluetooth 5.0. At this time, the S9 does not connect to older Bluetooth specifications and is only compatible with Bluetooth 5.0 or higher.

mrstummy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that explanation.  I will try to contact Chevy regarding this. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome. Please let me know if they are able to assist you.

userABKQHllYHR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just purchased the S9 and I have a 2015 Chevy Traverse. Bluetooth autoconnect is not working. Samsung also instructed me to contact Chevy. Before I did I was wondering if you found a fix? Otherwise I will take the phone back. Thank you.

Iconix
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just upgraded from an S6 to an S9 and having this same problem.  I've tried re-pairing the phone multiple times with no success.  Phone doesn't auto-connect to my car, and if I open bluetooth settings and tell it to connect manually I get a "Cannot connect" error.  I have to disable and re-enable bluetooth every time, sometimes multiple times, before it will connect to the car.  S6 autoconnected every time with no issues

Phone: Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U)

Baseband: G960USQU1ARBI

Carrier: AT&T

Car: 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. Have you tried deleting the device on the car stereo, deleting the stereo on the phone and then repairing? 

Iconix
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried deleting the phone/stereo from each other's memory and re-pairing the phone at least half a dozen times with no effect.  I can only get the phone to connect to the car stereo by disabling and then re-enabling bluetooth on the phone, sometimes it takes repeating this several times before it will work

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the software of your vehicle up to date?