cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_fft8MXi
Astronaut

S9 Has NOT Been Updated

My mom got me the S9 around March and when I registered it to my usual carrier, it only got updated ONCE. Up until now, SUI still says January security is the latest update. HELP! What should I do?

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S9 Has NOT Been Updated

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out. Was the device purchased as an unlocked device or from the carrier? Have you tried updating the device in safe mode? See if that helps.

To boot your phone into Safe mode, start by pressing and holding the power button until the power menu appears on your screen. From there, long-press the "Power Off" button until it turns into a "Safe Mode" button. Simply tap on "Safe Mode" once it appears and your device will automatically reboot to safe mode.

Once you are successfully in safe mode. Navigate to your settings and try updating your device as normal.

Samsung_fft8MXi
Astronaut

I believe it was unlocked. I did try to update it while o...

I believe it was unlocked. I did try to update it while on Safe Mode, but it still says it is up to date.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I believe it was unlocked. I did try to update it while o...

Thank you for trying that for me. I would try reaching out to your carrier to see if they can assist you with updating your device.

Highlighted
Samsung_fft8MXi
Astronaut

Thank you so much! I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much! I would really appreciate it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Thank you so much! I would really appreciate it.

You're welcome! Keep us posted if you need any further assistance. Smiley Happy

Samsung_fft8MXi
Astronaut

So I went to where my mom bought the phone and they told...

So I went to where my mom bought the phone and they told me they couldn't fix it, that I have to contact the manufacturer for my phone to get fix. But I'm afraid I don't have the receipt of the purchase anymore. I have everything else that are inside the box though. What should I do now?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: So I went to where my mom bought the phone and they told...

Updates are provided by the service provider. The only option Samsung has for updating your device is through Smart Switch. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch

You are welcome to take it by a local uBreakiFix location, as they are authorized Samsung service location. They can flash the current software, I believe. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/