cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S9+ Media volume doesn't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Starting last night, my phone has been refusing to play media audio.  The media audio is turned up as far as can go, and I have made sure that it isn't muted through accessability or any other such avenue. I try YouTube, Spotify, I've tried songs I have saved on the phone, nothing will play. Yet, my alarms sound, when I change the ringer volume from vibrate to ring within the drop down menu, it makes the little 'bloop' noise. When I turn the media volume up to the max and try to listen for sound while I play a song, there is nothing; not even the faint, distorted sound that sometimes happens when music is playing and it gets wet. It's just nothing.

I have restarted the phone, both with the restart button and the good ole fashioned way. I have cleared the cache partition. I made sure the phone had the latest updates. I have done a soft reset. I have booted into safe mode. I have disconnected bluetooth. I have tried everything I can find short of doing a hard reset on the phone, which I REALLY hope is not the only answer here, as I don't want to have to redo everything on this phone.

I will say that I noticed the media volume slider is orange, which I only recall it being when the phone was playing through bluetooth. However, my phone is not playing any music through anything, bluetooth or otherwise. 

Please help. Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S9+ Media volume doesn't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As you have tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps. The next step would a be a factory reset. Please make sure to back up your device and de-crypt the SD card prior to a factory reset.

If you continue to experience these symptoms after a factory reset, I would recommend a service repair. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As you have tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps. The next step would a be a factory reset. Please make sure to back up your device and de-crypt the SD card prior to a factory reset.

If you continue to experience these symptoms after a factory reset, I would recommend a service repair. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. I did a factory reset and IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!! Please, now what? Tell me this isn't planned obsolescence. I just paid my phone off last mont . Help!!!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

does ur volume bar shows oragne color too?

if so, try it with ur bluetooth off

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here!!! Even the volume bypass under developer options doesn't work with this... and it only works on the music apps when there is an aux cord/headphone plugged in, and it just started doing it... however when I use the AUX cord to use for phone calls I can turn the volume all the way up! Took it into Verizon and another service provider, and they were also confused on why it was happening, even after every reset and "fix" known out there, it still doesn't go past the "audio limit." And it started doing it, after the latest update, I don't even get the "loud listening warning," anymore, it just automatically turns the volume down when I try to turn it up.