cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

S9+ Moisture Charging Port Warning Constant Since T-Mobile Security update

Two days ago I recieved the August 1, 2020 Security patch via Ota update from T-Mobile.  Since this update went through, my device continues to give me a warning that moisture is detected in my charging port.  I haven't been anywhere near moisture with my device let alone near the charging port.  This is very odd behavior for any device to display when there's clearly no moisture at all.   I confirmed with other friends of mine who also have the S9+, they're all getting the same errors all of a sudden since this update was pushed.  
- Ibuddy66
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: S9+ Moisture Charging Port Warning Constant Since T-Mobile Security update

Spoke with T-Mobile support and they have confirmed this is a widespread issue following the previous update. They are suggesting even though the port is actually not wet, to do a soft reset by holding the power and volume down button until the device restarts itself. When it comes back up it may still show the warning. After the device is fully back up, hold the device flat against your hand and face the charging port towards a fan as close as possible to the fan, but not touching. Hold it there for about 30 seconds and the warning should disappear. The air current moving across the charging port seems to be triggering the charging port to reset the moisture sensors that are built in. If this doesn't work, they said to reach out to them directly and they will continue troubleshooting as this is not working for everyone. It is for many, but not all.
- Ibuddy66
Cosmic Ray

same happened with my S9+ AT&T . this has happened to me before and samsung had my port replaced maybe 6 months ago, now another update that brings it back. maybe they should send an update to disable the sensor the phone is great i love it but this issue isnt so great
Highlighted
Astronaut

I had the same issue with my Galaxy S9, but this was a bigger problem then I thought.  I had phone just under two years.  I was away for a couple of days with family.  Was at beach a couple days phone was in beach bag whole time was there.  The last nigtht got moisture warning.  Phone was never in water or water spilled on it.  Tried all techniques to dry charging port.  Phone would never charge.  Brought to repair shop and they said it was not charging port but LCD and they said water damage because of red dot.  How could that be?  phone was never in water or spilled or anything but maybe next to damp clothes at most.   Has anyone seen this issue before?