Following the G960FXXS7DTB5 update, the "Messages" app is not pushing notifications when a message arrives. Additionally, the app icon does not have a number indicating a received message. I installed the update on 21st of March.
I have checked that I have notifications on for the app, which I do. I have checked that it is the default application for messages, which it is. I have also ensured that my mobile is not set to silent, but is on vibrate. I have restarted my phone and also performed a shut-down and start-up since I first found the issue and it is still occuring.
I have been receiving notifications from other applications, both ones that I installed and some pre-canned ones, with no issues.
This error has caused me to miss several texts from professional and personal contacts.
Hello, have you tried wiping the cache partition?
The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.
Follow these steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.