JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9+ No sound with notifications

(Topic created: 11-27-2018 05:15 AM)
userj02WOGVH4P
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

New s9+ I do not get any sound from my notifications.  There is nothing blocked and all permissions are given... please help...

useruL2RWfcJdw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks, that took care of it.  I checked my sounds and my notifications was turned down.  I don’t know how I accidentally did that,but I guess I did.  Thank you again. 

0 Likes
userv5KJ86Vy0s
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you!

This nailed it. Who knew there was a volume control for notifications outside of the notification setting.

- in settings look at sounds and vibration, not notifications. You may find your notification volume set to zero

0 Likes
userMYK7FYJkhF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks buddy! My issue with S9 was finally solved after trying with many other solutions..

Pratyusha

0 Likes
user3lwhxrS9r3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Me too....spent 20 minutes on the phone with Verizon Tech support this morning....is there any resolution for this issue?  My FAcebook messenger makes a noice..but not the text messaging.

0 Likes
Solution
user58zTy0FXly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This video is to show how to fix no notification alerts from Messaging app on Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, Note 8, S9, and S9 Plus with Android 8.x. Some users are not getting any tones, notifications, or anything when a message is received. This will solve your problem. For those with Android 7.x
userF47xCHdUD8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello Samsung?! This is not a solved issue! That video is great for some who haven't figured out the full scope of settings, but there is a very large majority left who've done everything in that video and still no sounds (and often no vibrate or pop-ups).  I just installed your latest system update and now it's worse!  I'm thinking of going back to Apple.  #sofrustrated

userWEa9IxB4UA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Settings

> Sounds and vibration

> Volume

> Notifications

Have a nice day!

0 Likes
userUj94X7lm2O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This did not work for me.  All notifications seem to be turned on but still nothing but a vibration

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just to clarify your device is set to volume and not vibrate correct? Also, have you tried the troubleshooting in the videos in this thread?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userylDTlPR4qW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Everything is turned on, this video is no help sorry. 

@user58zTy0FXly wrote:

This worked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7fjg90LIsg