JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9+ No sound with notifications

(Topic created: 09-07-2019 02:25 AM)
userj02WOGVH4P
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

New s9+ I do not get any sound from my notifications.  There is nothing blocked and all permissions are given... please help...

42 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones

what are the carrier, model number, and sw build number from the settings > about device?

what is ur notification sounds set to? it might be set to silent accidentally......

Screenshot_20180314-143845_Media Storage.jpg

also, the app that u r trying have a notification sound, in that app settings, u might have to turn it on or something. there r so many things to be on to have one app to sound off..... i know it's frustrating....

0 Likes
userZfx7BmW7AP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the same problem  All settings appear to be correct. 

0 Likes
usereY2mjfu15B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I figured it out accidentally!  In addition to making sure that notifications are turned on you also must turn up the volume level on said notification. Tap the volume button on the side of your phone and a popup volume slider will appear briefly at the top of your phone screen. Tap the down arrow on the right side of the pop up and increase the volume for notifications. [See picture attached] I hope this helps! Screenshot_20200914-124137_Media Storage.jpg

0 Likes
Tgentzler
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the same issue. We went into settings, apps, messages, notifications, general notifications (set to on but defaulted to no sound) and the new messages (set to on, but no sound). there should be the name of the sound you selected listed here but it's not an option. so I then went into settings, notifications (made sure messages was turned on). then went into sounds and vibrations, notification sounds (all is good here too). this for for both our S8 Active and our S9. There is a Samsung glitch and it needs fixed...

userhOfEjL8hYF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I have checked all these settings also ans still no sound.

I have also sent multiple messages to Pushover for assistance with no help. 

This is a pain as I am a member of the emergency services and I use this for additional notification.

This issue needs to fixed

melissambwilkins
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Me, too!  Notification sound volume is all the way up in settings,  a sound is chosen,  and the default Messages app was set to treat all messages as urgent (sound and pop up).  I even tried a different messaging app, but an having the same problem.   I'm getting vibration,  but no sound!  I even tried turning the settings off and back on!  Help?!

0 Likes
userfdGVMIJ3xl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here, all done and still baffled

0 Likes
userfdGVMIJ3xl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Cleared and rechecked, all same, only a vibration, no pop up no sound!!!!

0 Likes
userT3jzFlxUho
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I know this is a while ago but I just had this problem and it took me ages to fix it. If your vibration is working, then it means notifications are working and it is down to the sound. Two things :

- in settings look at sounds and vibration, not notifications. You may find your notification volume set to zero

- you may find your phone is playing sound through some smart earphones if they are nearby

Meanwhile I cannot get badges and numbers to work well at all, if at all. Very reliable on apple but not here. Means I have to keep checking the notification bar. I use the Microsoft launcher. Any ideas?

AdeB