JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9+ No sound with notifications

(Topic created: 09-21-2019 03:05 PM)
userj02WOGVH4P
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

New s9+ I do not get any sound from my notifications.  There is nothing blocked and all permissions are given... please help...

useruL2RWfcJdw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks, that took care of it.  I checked my sounds and my notifications was turned down.  I don’t know how I accidentally did that,but I guess I did.  Thank you again. 

0 Likes
userv5KJ86Vy0s
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you!

This nailed it. Who knew there was a volume control for notifications outside of the notification setting.

- in settings look at sounds and vibration, not notifications. You may find your notification volume set to zero

0 Likes
userMYK7FYJkhF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks buddy! My issue with S9 was finally solved after trying with many other solutions..

Pratyusha

0 Likes
user3lwhxrS9r3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Me too....spent 20 minutes on the phone with Verizon Tech support this morning....is there any resolution for this issue?  My FAcebook messenger makes a noice..but not the text messaging.

0 Likes
Solution
user58zTy0FXly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
userF47xCHdUD8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello Samsung?! This is not a solved issue! That video is great for some who haven't figured out the full scope of settings, but there is a very large majority left who've done everything in that video and still no sounds (and often no vibrate or pop-ups).  I just installed your latest system update and now it's worse!  I'm thinking of going back to Apple.  #sofrustrated

userWEa9IxB4UA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Settings

> Sounds and vibration

> Volume

> Notifications

Have a nice day!

0 Likes
userUj94X7lm2O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This did not work for me.  All notifications seem to be turned on but still nothing but a vibration

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just to clarify your device is set to volume and not vibrate correct? Also, have you tried the troubleshooting in the videos in this thread?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userylDTlPR4qW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Everything is turned on, this video is no help sorry. 

@user58zTy0FXly wrote:

This worked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7fjg90LIsg