JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9+ No sound with notifications

(Topic created: 03-14-2018 10:07 AM)
userj02WOGVH4P
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

New s9+ I do not get any sound from my notifications.  There is nothing blocked and all permissions are given... please help...

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mikeyteal74
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I fixed by going to messages home screen and the clicking the 3 dots and going to settings then going to notifications then click on general notifications and make sure the sound is set to the sound you want. Mine was set to some numbers and when I changed it, it worked. Did the same for new messages also. 

0 Likes
ocentenojr77
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user58zTy0FXly wrote:

This worked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7fjg90LIsg

This actually worked for me on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on 3/5/2019. Thank you so much. 

0 Likes
userpoKpAov3hI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It did not work for my S9 + device. Its a very bad phone, I will never recommend samsung products for my friends and family. Completely faulty device, hate this product. I will surely ask the money back tomorrow..

0 Likes
userBlNfWsuckv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i was having the same problem until i notice that when i scrolled down from the top i saw that there were notifications that were being cached. tap on the notice and i saw that all notifications were blocked. i saw that no where else while checking the problem. tap on that notice that says that notifications are beinf withheld, go to the three dots in the right hand corner of that dialogue box and unblock all of the apps. that should do it. it worked for me~

0 Likes
userVUvu7MFU8R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Where on the phone did you scroll down to find this?

0 Likes
usertWA7R1l4du
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Drag down from the top of the screen, under "Smart things" select "Audio output" and then click "My phone". It should work now.

userdczsP3n0iF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks so much! Tried every suggestion and nothing worked. This was the only method I saw different from all the others and it worked!

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userdczsP3n0iF, Thank you for reaching out to us to let us know that this resolved your concerns!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useri8knbyEPAe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You and THOUSANDS of people are complaining about this. Samsung, fix it. I'm regretting this S9+ purchase. I have now resorted to using 3rd party software for almost everything that Samsung should've had right to begin with. I think the root problem of this OP issue is that the phone is designed to not make a beep (or even vibrate!) when you receive a message while the phone is "in use". That of course is dictated by what your sleep settings are set at. Mine is at 2 minutes. So if I set my phone down after texting with the screen face down, then any responses that I get within the next two minutes will not notify. This explains about 60% of my non-notification issues. The other 40% are a pure mystery. I do know who CAN fix this mess though. Samsung, are you listening?

user58zTy0FXly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes