cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7K9koQt069
Cosmic Ray

S9+ Notification Sounds are too quiet not loud, sound only comes from bottom speaker not both

There is an issue. My notifications on my S9+ are very quiet and I noticed that it only happens for notifications. I have my notification volume all the way up. Ringtones are loud, music on apps is also loud but the notification sounds only come from the bottom speaker only. Samsung please fix!!

Is anyone else having this issue. I saw someone else is as well so it's not just me.

119 REPLIES 119
userOGhl32KEmD
Constellation

Re: S9+ Notification Sounds are too quiet not loud, sound only comes from bottom speaker not both

Myself and my wife have the same issue. Samsung needs to fix this. 

@user7K9koQt069wrote:

There is an issue. My notifications on my S9+ are very quiet and I noticed that it only happens for notifications. I have my notification volume all the way up. Ringtones are loud, music on apps is also loud but the notification sounds only come from the bottom speaker only. Samsung please fix!!

Is anyone else having this issue. I saw someone else is as well so it's not just me.

user7K9koQt069
Cosmic Ray

Re: S9+ Notification Sounds are too quiet not loud, sound only comes from bottom speaker not both

Yes Samsung needs to fix this. I can barely hear my notifications. This is so dumb. I went to Best Buy and the Samsung rep said they are aware of the issue.

wba12340
Astronaut

Same problem, looks like going back to 7edge until problem is fixed, not good enough Samsung.
userEDyM7oZgU2
Astronaut

Yes, exactly the same issue! 

JabaMS
Asteroid

I just dont get it how they are not getting the problem. After latest update I noticed that they did some change, let me know if it's same for you guys. When someone call's you, and phone is on flat surface for example, you will hear that sound comming from both speakers, at the moment you pick it up, you only bottom speaker is active. Also, while is realy loud in the room, and phone is on flat surface also, you will notice that notification is louder, also, try for example to play something from youtube or anywhere else, while you are watching such a videos which plays from both speakers, and you receive notification, you will see that those are louder. Offcourse those I noticed. So if it is same to all of you, I dont know how samsung can not notice this, and fix this stupid thing allready.

Sorry for my english anyway, its not my native language but hopefully you will get my point.

user94VeyLCecH
Constellation

Although this problem is a must.
user2f3nVu8VpF
Constellation

I agree! I have played with every aspect of this phone and can't make it any louder. Samsung PLEASE FIX THIS!

user7K9koQt069
Cosmic Ray

Samsung please fix this ASAP.  This is very very disappointing and annoying for a $800+ device that has two speakers. Notifications sounds quiet in only one bottom speaker is not acceptable. Fix this ASAP. I can't hear my notifications in moderate loud environments. I was told this is by design. This is an easy change that will please make of your loyal fans.

Fix!

user8j93O6Bq7X
Asteroid

I stumbled on this post for the same issue. Listening to them in Zedge as a media file they are loud. The instant I set them as a notification they become muted. Please fix it.