Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useriaO5fV4L2U
Cosmic Ray

S9 Photo Widget

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I just got a new Samsung S9 and I was trying to make my homescreen similar to the one I had on my S5 mini. That's when I noticed that there was no photo widget. Am I missing something here or is there no photo widget on the S9? Also if there is no photo widget could somebody please recommend a good alternative because I like to keep quote on my home screen? Thanks in advance!!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S9 Photo Widget

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

It's called picture frame widget and it's available in the galaxy apps store. I just went there and tapped the 3 vertical dots in the upper right hand corner and chose my apps /all and it's listed for download.

I hope this is the one you're looking for. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
userFcQ00pWxAZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Maybe check gallery/photos and click the three dots or hold the screen down to bring up widgets?

-lil

useriaO5fV4L2U
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I hit the dots and also held the screen and brought up widgets but gallery/photos both aren't showing me any widgets.
useriaO5fV4L2U
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My bad, I should have been more specific. By quote I basically mean an image with test written over it. But the problem I'm having is that I don't want it to be my home screen wallpaper, I want it to just be a picture on a certian page of my home screen. Such as in the screenshot in this link.

useriaO5fV4L2U
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the advice but I am not trying to change wallpapers. I want to have the same wallpaper for each page, just different photos in the spaces where the apps usually go. The link I posted above might give you a better idea of the type of look I'm going for.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

It's called picture frame widget and it's available in the galaxy apps store. I just went there and tapped the 3 vertical dots in the upper right hand corner and chose my apps /all and it's listed for download.

I hope this is the one you're looking for. 

View solution in original post

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As the old saying goes never ask someone to something that you wouldn't do yourself. 

So I installed it and set it up. It's a lot smoother than it used to be if you're using multiple images in the slide show setup. Then I switched over to a single picture and it's good to. Memory shows about 1.7 mb. Nothing wrong with that. 

The only thing I don't like is that it leaves a visible setting icon on the upper right hand corner. And I can't put a frame around it using gradients with colors of my choice. But the animation option is a very cool option. I wonder if when 1 picture is sel it still animates or redraws the image at the preset interval. I'll turn on display gpu rendering and check. All in all it seems good.

Have a good one 

CLF 

useriaO5fV4L2U
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks so much! I must have been looking in the wrong place. I only thought to look in the Google Play Store.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

I'm happy to see that's the one you were looking for.

Have fun, 

CLF 

userY2yylvkefn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please go to Galaxy Store. Click on search button and type PICTURE FRAME WIDGET. So done, from now you can create pictures in a frame on your wallpaper.