Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
usergGBHrjVTz8
Asteroid

S9 Plus Cropped Photos Front Camera Issue

Hi, 

I am not sure if its me only or others are having similar issue. I have noticed recently that all photos taken from front camera were automatically cropped πŸ˜’... its very annoying that the Face is all cutout in selfies. I suppose the recent updated is to blame!! Please help fixing this 

59 REPLIES 59
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S9 Plus Cropped Photos Front Camera Issue

Have you tried to force stop and clearing the cache on your camera app?

usergGBHrjVTz8
Asteroid

Yes i did that, and even i did a factory reset as well Smiley Sad

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you have the Selfie Shape Correction setting turned on?

usergGBHrjVTz8
Asteroid

Nope.

Please escalate this we need an OTA fix, its definitely buggy recent updates 

user34zA5jaKGj
Asteroid

Is there an update or fix to the issues reported numerours times regarding the front camera on S9 & S9 plus ?Quote

I just got the update lastnight (05.05.2019) & I'm currently having the same issue on my Samung Galaxy s9 +. I cleared the Cache & data on the Camera app as previously advised above.. I restarted the phone. I also did a factor reset and my selfi camera is still cropping my photos each and every time I take a photo. This is really annoying.

This was originally reported 3 weeks ago according to the various posts. Come on Samsung, why is this taking so long to fix?

S9 Users really need to know when this will be fixed

LAFNATYOU
Constellation

I found this post on an android help thread, tried it and it worked!:

"I went to settings in camera then hit "reset settings". I then noticed when taking a selfie that there were 2 icons in the middle of the selfie screen. One was a one person setting and the other a 2 person setting. I switched this setting and my selfies were centered again. For some odd reason I need to have the 2 person setting on for selfies even of 1 person to be centered."

userqJKIcjSYUC
Astronaut

OMG thank you so much, that was driving me crazy! Annoying that you have to remember to hit that button every single time though. Please get your sh*t together, Samsung, seriously. Your equipment is not cheap.

userde1pyc0Joi
Astronaut

That is a work around to use the 'wide' selfie mode... But not a final solution to an obvious software issue.  Turning on the front "flash" also prevents cropping a selfie in 'zoom' mode ... But that's not a real, permanent, solution either.

Samsung, please update your software... This is happening on both my wife's S9+ and mine!!

femshep
Constellation

This has been an issue on my S9+ for weeks also! It is small relief to learn it is not specific to my phone, but very frustrating that this has been an unresolved issue for so long.