cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhWHIpme31t
Astronaut

Re: S9 Plus Cropped Photos Front Camera Issue

I have the same problem now for a week or so. I have the S9, but it seems both the S9 and S9 Plus have the same problem. I have reset the camera settings to factory default, I have force stopped and cleared the cache, rebooted numerous times. As said in other threads, the one thing that makes the front selfies come out normal without taking a pic of a corner of your face is to put the camera on 2 people. This works but we should not have to use the camer wrong in order to make it work right. Very disappointing, Samsung. I've been thinking for a long time to go with Apple next time. 

userjnrvo7QQzs
Constellation

i too have this issue with selfie unless I select 2 people mode while taking selfies. This is really annoying, Samsung it’s time to fix ASAP

userPLXcO68NMo
Constellation

After last update (1 July 2019) the problem was resolved. 

userU0vDYTpZLv
Constellation

The July update did not fix my front camera cropping issues or the missing 8mp mode. 

@userPLXcO68NMo wrote:

userU0vDYTpZLv
Constellation

Update: The latest update did fix my cropping issue. But what about the 8mp front camera?
@userU0vDYTpZLv wrote:

The July update did not fix my front camera cropping issues or the missing 8mp mode. 

@userPLXcO68NMo wrote:

usergH0v4VoM6a
Constellation

Being 2019.07.09 I still have the same issue as reported previously in this thread.

As mentioned above, this is not a cheap phone. The camera is one of the few main reasons to pick this model and brand among many others.

It is ridiculous that samsung needs your IMEI or specific model to try reach out any possible solution.

I still have the same issue, and I would seriously appreciate any help or hand from any Samsung employee/moderator to address this issue. It's not a silly bug. This problem ruins the experience of taking selfies.

SassyGiraffe7
Constellation

So, it's not just me?!?

Ongoing problem for about 2 months. I've done the resets, reinstalled, cache and data clearances, saw the "two little people" icon... still not helpful.

I just took a picture with a celebrity and half of my head is cut off. Not acceptable for a $900 phone!!

Highlighted
userZevXBLyNW1
Astronaut

The issue appears to be related to the "Motion photos" setting. Disabling it should return the full image for the front camera.

Enabling "Motion photos" restricts the size of the photo, but not the window. Likely a difference in display ratio between the static image and the internal motion one as changing the static ratio changes the end result, but remains cropped.

userEPcdxvlxDS
Constellation

I have that issue.   Going with iPhone next upgrade.  This ruined pics I took in Italy and 50th HS reunion.   It happened after an update and there is no fix.   I've had it work Samsung.  I've tried everything suggested and they're is no solution. 

userMgt1Hi66bi
Constellation

I had the same issue, I tried many work arounds suggested here and nothing worked. Finally I was so much frustated that I unselected all modes in camera and reset the camera settings and the camera issue was gone. I was so happy and took some nice selfie picture. But after I closed the camera and launched it back the issue came back :-(