cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user6YsLkRHj3u
Constellation

Re: S9 Plus Cropped Photos Front Camera Issue

Looking at all these problems, it seems i should skip all April updates until something is done about this.

userDU264KEnMy
Asteroid

So annoying and sad... Ruined my selfies with my family and hiking trip and you don't find out until later when checking the gallery.. I was very sad losing photos that I took. 

usereeP1pIhdnP
Asteroid

Same thing happened with me. So many photos ruined without knowing.

DavidFromNB
Constellation

This is a bug! https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9/Selfies-cropping-out/m-p/598409#M19107 
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9/Selfie-photos-are-cropped/m-p/598396#M19105
It shows everyone on the screen but when you check the photo it is cropped bad. No one needs a digital zoom on selfies! Our arms move in and out... 
Please fix this bug!

Metsnfins
Astronaut

All the selfies i took this week are ruined

Please fix asap

usereRsCC3Ukfs
Constellation

I am having this problem as well. Any work around? Or any update if they're fixing it?

useraRb8q74v0i
Astronaut

Same issue. Choosing 2-person works if you remember to select it every time, but then the focus is usually off - not an acceptable solution.

userCXvcjxCGJg
Astronaut

This bug is infuriating. Definitely happened after the update. Many of my pictures have been ruined from this. We really need a new update or patch to fix this issue.

userBpl4vl5nxs
Constellation

Like many others this "feature" ruined a bunch of my photos from a recent trip to Spain. I cannot accurately express my anger and frustration.

My solution was to stop using Samsung's camera app entirely and installed Open Camera instead. It works great. Added bonus is I don't need to see the stupid Bixby Vison stuff anymore as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.opencamera

usernideXtNuSc
Astronaut

I am also having this issue and it's quite annoing.  

Samsung, here's the probem:

The selfie mode for one person (zoomed selfie) shows one image on the sreen when taking a photo, but when saved the photo is cropped.  Many selfies no longer have people in them because they have been cropped out by this bug.

This would not be so terrible because there is the multi person mode (not zoomed) which still works fine.  However, there is no way to set this as the default.  Every time I go to selfie it will automatically choose the zommed in mode.  When I'm taking a selfie I'm living in the moment and thinking what great memory this is that I want to save in photo form.  I'm not keeping a running list of bugs in the camera that I need to compansate for.  So even though I know about this bug, it still affects me becuase it's so easy to forget.

Samsung, here's the solution:

Forget about fixing the zoomed-in mode and get rid of it entirely.  If I need to zoom in during a selfie, I can easily hold my phone closer.  

However, if there are technical benifits from having this mode, then at least allow one to choose which mode (zoomed of unzoomed) is the default.  Even if there were no bug and both modes worked perfectly, I would still want to choose which zoom mode the selfie defaults to.