cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userH84FkMnDM2
Asteroid

S9 Plus U.S. vs European versions

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I live in the U.S and would rather have s9 plus from europe with the exynos chip, is there a way to purchase one and what would be the draw backs(cons)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: S9 Plus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's a good question, thanks for reaching out, @userH84FkMnDM2!

If you were to buy a European device this may not be fully compatible with your carrier's services. This is due to European carriers using different bands than US carriers, this may lead to a lack of service or shoddy coverage.

I hope this helps, if anyone would like to point out other differences, please chime in.

Please let us know if this helps, if you need any other help, please let us know and our community will be happy to help. 😄

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

4 REPLIES 4
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's a good question, thanks for reaching out, @userH84FkMnDM2!

If you were to buy a European device this may not be fully compatible with your carrier's services. This is due to European carriers using different bands than US carriers, this may lead to a lack of service or shoddy coverage.

I hope this helps, if anyone would like to point out other differences, please chime in.

Please let us know if this helps, if you need any other help, please let us know and our community will be happy to help. 😄

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userH84FkMnDM2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly if I understand you correctly no jailbroken or unlocked s9 plus will make a difference?

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, that is correct, due to the differences in hardware, you will never be able to hit 100% compatibility with US networks.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They are correct - the European Exynos variant will most likely not work, or at least not work well. I've always wanted that version myself (in past Galaxy phones - S7, S8, S9), but after researching, I found that the different hardware meant it wouldn't be fully compatible with our US networks. 

The problem is that Qualcomm has a lock on the US market. Until they let that go (never), we'll most likely never be able to get the Exynos variant. 

Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response.