cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S9 Plus "Moisture" in Charging Port

Hello, I have been looking for solutions all night with no avail. I have tried the various workarounds and other solutions to solving this issue, short of a factory reset.

My phone started to complain about moisture being detected in the charging port while I was at work. While it is a sweaty environment, I figured a swab with some cotton and a quick restart should solve the issue well enough, considering it was last year's flagship phone, which we all expect to be working very well for its price tag. Of course it did not work, and now the phone will hardly charge at all. It buzzes every twenty seconds or so to indicate it was plugged in. After leaving it in to "charge" overnight, it has advanced only 30%, which is absolutely ridiculous. 

This issue is seriously making me reconsider ever purchasing a Samsung product ever again, especially with the way the company seems to have responded to the issue. I'm sure Samsung wants to reap in that planned obsolescence profit as much as any other company, but I would expect them to at least be competetive with Apple or Sony in making it seem less obvious, and not utterly fail a few weeks after warranty expires, as I have heard from other members on this site. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: S9 Plus "Moisture" in Charging Port

Take it to ubreakifix. They should be able to fix it for you. If you're under warranty you should be fine if not it's not expensive. Or just use wireless chargers

Highlighted
Constellation

This is a software issue, not a hardware issue. I apologize if that was not clear. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Get a wireless charger or try a heat gun or blow dryer. Had the same problem after using phone under water.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello,

Let's try cleaning the charging port.

You may use a cotton swab or a small piece of tissue paper that you have to insert into the port so that the moisture will be absorbed. Just make sure that you don’t damage the pins. You may also just let the phone sit on the table upright and leave it for a couple of hours for the port to dry out. If you want to do this, then turn the phone off.