cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S9+ Sim Card Changed Alert

Hi guys, so a few things have happened in rapid succession.

T-Mobile issued a security update. Installed a week or two ago.

I finished my payments on my phone and TMobile unlocked it for me.

I  did a factory reset 3 days ago and reloaded messages and contacts and settings from SmartSwitch.

Since then I will randomly get a Sim Changed notification and I restart a time or two and it goes away. Obviously the error persists since after 3 days it has happened 2 of them.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S9+ Sim Card Changed Alert

Hey, 

@userY2gmVWVRat 

I just wanted to you to know that I received the same sim card notification around June 4th. I powered off and cleared the system cache partition. I haven't seen it since.

When I paid off the phone the T-mobile website stated that a notification was sent and the phone was unlocked. Other resources indicated that it was still locked. I didn't care either way. However after a factory data reset every time I restarted the phone the T-mobile device unlock app would crash and log the notice in device care. I got tired of it and for the first time used it to unlock the phone permanently. That stopped the crash report. I factory data reset again on June 6th and noticed that the T-mobile device unlock app is no longer installed on my S9. I haven't received the new sim card restart the phone notification since that first notice.

I've been wondering if the two are related.

Best regards, 

T-mobile

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

Android 10 One UI 2.0 

G960USQS7DTE1

Security Patch Level

May 1st, 2020

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S9+ Sim Card Changed Alert

I did something similar - I used the T-Mobile unlock app to unlock it. Upon restart the first time it failed outright. The second time I used it, it restarted and the app completely disappeared from my phone and mentioned in a popup that it was successful, so I assume it correctly did the job. I haven't seen the changed sim notification the last 2 days.