Hi guys, so a few things have happened in rapid succession.
T-Mobile issued a security update. Installed a week or two ago.
I finished my payments on my phone and TMobile unlocked it for me.
I did a factory reset 3 days ago and reloaded messages and contacts and settings from SmartSwitch.
Since then I will randomly get a Sim Changed notification and I restart a time or two and it goes away. Obviously the error persists since after 3 days it has happened 2 of them.
I just wanted to you to know that I received the same sim card notification around June 4th. I powered off and cleared the system cache partition. I haven't seen it since.
When I paid off the phone the T-mobile website stated that a notification was sent and the phone was unlocked. Other resources indicated that it was still locked. I didn't care either way. However after a factory data reset every time I restarted the phone the T-mobile device unlock app would crash and log the notice in device care. I got tired of it and for the first time used it to unlock the phone permanently. That stopped the crash report. I factory data reset again on June 6th and noticed that the T-mobile device unlock app is no longer installed on my S9. I haven't received the new sim card restart the phone notification since that first notice.
I've been wondering if the two are related.
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U
Android 10 One UI 2.0
Security Patch Level
May 1st, 2020
I did something similar - I used the T-Mobile unlock app to unlock it. Upon restart the first time it failed outright. The second time I used it, it restarted and the app completely disappeared from my phone and mentioned in a popup that it was successful, so I assume it correctly did the job. I haven't seen the changed sim notification the last 2 days.