cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzlZqRFuYXg
Asteroid

S9 Slow motion is terrible.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What happened to the S7's ability to film slow motion for many seconds, then use sliders to adjust exactly where the slow motion occurs?

The S9 is such a downgrade. The slow motion is only available for a moment.  You can't control where it occurs, the phone "decides" this for you.  

Some people actually use this for helping kids learn golf and baseball swings, not just for posting a half second of random movement. 

At least release a stand-alone slow motion app that takes advantage of the hardware.  

I would say Samsung is getting beaten by other brands, but the truth is they are getting beaten by their own older phones.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user2wih7tkiV7
Asteroid

Re: S9 Slow motion is terrible.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For some reason, Samsung hid the regular slowmo mode. Bad decision.  You have to go into shooting modes in camera settings to enable it. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzlZqRFuYXg for slow mo, I'm able to adjust the brackets however I want. Are you talking about super slow mo? They give you the ability to go manual and shoot many super slow mo scenes in the same video. It is in the settings.

userzlZqRFuYXg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks VV. I'm just really frustrated with the interface.

How many seconds are you able to shoot slow motion?

Evidently I am talking about super slow motion- the one available by scrolling side to side and choosing modes at the top in the camera app.
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzlZqRFuYXg with regular slow mo, there doesn't seem to be a time limit. I did a 35 second video. You can edit where the slow mo takes places at the bottom with the sliders. It automatically detects movement though, so it preselects frames with movement in then initially.

With super slow mo, you can set it to "multi" and manual shooting of when you want the super slow mo to happen. It does only let you do short bursts, however. I believe it is the equivalent of 2 seconds of super slow mo.

user2wih7tkiV7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For some reason, Samsung hid the regular slowmo mode. Bad decision.  You have to go into shooting modes in camera settings to enable it. 

View solution in original post

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user2wih7tkiV7 for me the regular slow mo mode is in the camera modes you swipe when you first open the camera. I didn't have to add it or enable it. Weird. At least it's there Smiley Happy

userzlZqRFuYXg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, thank you.  That was well hidden.  

Samsung- I take a little of my first post back... just a little mind you.  

You should have left regular slow motion on as default. 

The slow motion and super slow motion is really laggy when trying to playback as well- this is on my 1 day old phone.  Not impressive at all. 

If anyone else is having this problem.  Go to camera- tap gear in lower left corner- go to EDIT CAMERA MODES- REAR CAMERA- SLOW MOTION   and turn on sports while you are there. 

EDIT*  My slow motion playback was very laggy because I had the camera storage set to my SD card.  When using slow motion, you really need the file on the phones memory.  

An option to store photos and videos to SD card while storing slow motion and super slow motion to phone memory (as needed for playback) would be a nice option to put in the camera settings.  

Thanks all

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzlZqRFuYXg glad everything is working better now and you found a fix! I'm really loving my S9 so far.

userBwTOZxBjIO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dude, a massive thank you for posting about sports mode! I had it in my s7 but couldn't find it in my s9 until I read this post. It's excellent for taking photos of moving kids (other than Pro which is also very good on this phone).

userGf2s0rWATV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the how to find it!