cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: S9 Smart unlock by location not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MikeyTGwrote:

This is not only a Samsung problem. My last phone, an LG, had the same issue. It used to work okay but lately it does not, it's probably a Google issue.

I have 3 devices running various versions of stock android. A 4th (this one) running with a skin.  Google issue?  I dont think so.  It can't be mere luck I have 4 working devices. 

Do you have "High Accuracy" enabled for location?  This makes a difference.

~ Former N6p, Pixel1 owner who tried an s9+ ~ With Android, The software experience is everything. Good specs doesn't mean great device. In the end, it's the software experience that makes or breaks hardware. I've dumped the S9(minus) and gone back to a device that receives actual support, regular updates and bug fixes. DONE WITH SAMSUNG - SOLD THE S9(minus) - YOU GUYS ARE LIARS!
user8TFNEKsEZt
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't think it's a google problem.

My Nexus 6 works flawlessly.

My Moto Z Force works as it should.

My S9+ doesn't seem to know where it is!

userKif5MqoswG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have 2 properties, primary & secondary. I setup the location on the secondary property first and it worked. I also selected the option to stay unlocked in my car and on me. Both worked. After  returning to my primary residence I added the address and it does not work and now it does not work while the phone is on me or in the car.

userhJXGm0nJfv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

JoePatterson
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a bug, mine will work sometime.  But my blue gps dot and CURRENT LOCATION show 8 miles away... GPS on these doesn't work

JoePatterson
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Y'all Samsung does not care...  It's May and I'm on Friday Security patch... Customer care told me there's no such thing as monthly updates too!  Ignorant

userXxANGzmaPH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there.  I do not believe this problem is solved.   I have tried the "solutions" offered and I still have the problem.  The only "solution" that I have found is to turn smart lock off, unlock manuslly a couple times and turn smartlock location back on.  Did I mention that I even tried "Trusted Devices" with the "Location" setting on.  Nope.  Invariably, I'll wake up the next day, manually unlock which is understandable and the next time I go for the phone the "Smart Lock" is not being very smart at all.  Please, Somebody find a real solution.

Highlighted
usernbtSi37Hmz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would make more sense to have it be unlocked based on wifi network instead of a wonky GPS location. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

That's strange that it works perfectly on my T-mobile GS9. I had the same issues as you up until a week or two ago when Google pushed an update specifically for that issue. Personally I would clear the current location entries and start fresh. I have two, one is a typed in address and the other GPS coordinates. I remember having to move it around on the Google map to get it right on top of my home and shrink that perimeter bubble down to my property. It hasn't failed even one time since the update. I hope you get the same results. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tired using the feature in safe mode? Please see the link below and let me know if this helps you. 

Troubelshooting