userhJXGm0nJfv
Constellation

Re: S9 Smart unlock by location not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

JoePatterson
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a bug, mine will work sometime.  But my blue gps dot and CURRENT LOCATION show 8 miles away... GPS on these doesn't work

JoePatterson
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Y'all Samsung does not care...  It's May and I'm on Friday Security patch... Customer care told me there's no such thing as monthly updates too!  Ignorant

userXxANGzmaPH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there.  I do not believe this problem is solved.   I have tried the "solutions" offered and I still have the problem.  The only "solution" that I have found is to turn smart lock off, unlock manuslly a couple times and turn smartlock location back on.  Did I mention that I even tried "Trusted Devices" with the "Location" setting on.  Nope.  Invariably, I'll wake up the next day, manually unlock which is understandable and the next time I go for the phone the "Smart Lock" is not being very smart at all.  Please, Somebody find a real solution.

usernbtSi37Hmz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would make more sense to have it be unlocked based on wifi network instead of a wonky GPS location. 

Highlighted
Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

That's strange that it works perfectly on my T-mobile GS9. I had the same issues as you up until a week or two ago when Google pushed an update specifically for that issue. Personally I would clear the current location entries and start fresh. I have two, one is a typed in address and the other GPS coordinates. I remember having to move it around on the Google map to get it right on top of my home and shrink that perimeter bubble down to my property. It hasn't failed even one time since the update. I hope you get the same results. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tired using the feature in safe mode? Please see the link below and let me know if this helps you. 

Troubelshooting

userhgJ5H4I5x2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is safe mode! ?

Cannot find that on the s9

Trusted places not working for me. 

High accuracy is on. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, did the troubleshooting steps help?