cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdbaoSy5Rt3
Asteroid

S9 Smart unlock by location not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The S9 offered to make my home address be unlocked by default.  I accepted but it doesn't work.  I've added my current location (which pins GPS coordinates instead of my street address).  Still doesn't work.  So with my address combined with my GPS location, the phone still won't stay unlocked in that position!  Why?  At least the iris+facial recognition works fast.  Still, what's the point of location unlocking if it's not going to work?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S9 Smart unlock by location not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdbaoSy5Rt3 how many locations do you have set up for my house? The "radius" really doesn't mean anything. I have about 8 locations set up for my house. 

71 REPLIES 71
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdbaoSy5Rt3 Smart Lock has been working great for me. Have you tried putting in more than one entry for the same location by dragging manually? 

userdbaoSy5Rt3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes - doesn't help.  What does work well are trusted devices.  Trusted places are not working.  As I said, both my address and my GPS coordinates are entered but it still keeps trying biometric unlock in spite of me being in my trusted location.  It shows a giant circle around my address, and even when I'm right in the middle it seems not to care.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdbaoSy5Rt3 how many locations do you have set up for my house? The "radius" really doesn't mean anything. I have about 8 locations set up for my house. 

userdbaoSy5Rt3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I added some more and now it works.  Really dumb to include a meaningless radius, Samsung.  The street address is just as useless.  Ditch the radius, or make it accurate, which seems to be only a few feet.  I have 2 acres so I would need hundreds of locations to cover it all.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdbaoSy5Rt3 the radius sometimes works for me, but it is few and far between. I agree with you. Maybe the ability to select within a certain area on a map, instead of a generic radius.

userYC85q23ul9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where do I go to set up my unlock location especially when it in the phone is with me or in my house? No one at AT&T can help me

Highlighted
userSapyTleQqs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unsure if this works for others. I just tried  toggling this and smart lock works now.

In Secure lock settings >

turn off 'lock instantly with Power key' >

Lock your Phone and wait 5 secs or more >

Unlock phone (There was a 1-time notification saying its unlocked becos of Smart Lock). 

It should be not locked and just swipe the screen to get to Home 

Now you may turn back on 'Lock phone instantly' and Smart Lock still works. 

userzAKnxW7Rj0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me a couple of days, now the problem is back.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Just following up to see if you still need any assistance.