JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9 Smart unlock by location not working

(Topic created on: 8/10/19 5:07 PM)
userdbaoSy5Rt3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S9

The S9 offered to make my home address be unlocked by default.  I accepted but it doesn't work.  I've added my current location (which pins GPS coordinates instead of my street address).  Still doesn't work.  So with my address combined with my GPS location, the phone still won't stay unlocked in that position!  Why?  At least the iris+facial recognition works fast.  Still, what's the point of location unlocking if it's not going to work?

73 Replies
userZEsU8OyRed
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9

After following the instructions, I still can't get my S10E to stay unlocked when I'm at home. 

0 Likes
IronRod
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

I tried the suggestion of disabling the lock via power switch -- no improvement; still won't auto unlock at home. 

0 Likes
userJAHDziIJCs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9
Thanks! That worked! I had "Lock Instantly With Power Key" on under Secure Lock Settings, so when I hit the power button after setting secure location it would lock. Cheers! :)
0 Likes
userB2e1vE5hoC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

This has not been solved. I set up trusted places. Picked a bunch via GPS to cover my whole neighborhood. Still shoes that work. I have to go in and turn off and then back on but once my phone goes dark forget the smartlock is not working. Please fix this. 

user8jPzX1t1G9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9

You are right, feature does not work!

0 Likes
user8vbnvCvV88
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9

I have the same issue trusted location does not work ... it even turned out, that outside the circle it suddenly unlocked the mobile whereas inside the circle it does not

0 Likes
JOSEPHPATTERSON
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S9

Horrible GPS on the s9

0 Likes
usertvkRuXs369
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9

This is not a solution. 

0 Likes
Golfchick
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

I'm not even getting trusted places as an OPTION.

Any thoughts on that?

0 Likes
userWrhIxsIKQ6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

Power off the phone and that will reset it. I was having that dams problem and it was fixed buy powering down

0 Likes