Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLCCGOGr2sb
Constellation

Re: S9 Smart unlock by location not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJace wrote:

Give this a shot; https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077687/

Takes me to a genetic Note 8 page (I have that phone). So, this does not work.

gideonse
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have seven locations set up for my 700 square foot apartment and it doesn't work. Nothing works, despite trying methods on this forum and all over the internet. Why doesn't Samsung actually fix the problem instead of letting it fester on forums?

useri2x9qZDIK5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been struggling with the same issue. Have 3 for at home and 3 for at work it hasn't been working for the past month or so.

userDndxScvi0t
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally fixed this (for me anyway). In location settings my phone was set to "high accuracy" but there is an option just below that called "improve accuracy". In this section you can choose bluetooth, wifi or both to scan for nearby objects even when those features are off. I set up the wifi option and suddenly the Smart Lock started working.

richkadams
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That fixed it for me!!  Thank you.  I turned off the "Bluetooth Scanning" under "Improve Accuracy" and turned ON the "Wi-Fi Scanning" under "Improve Accuracy" and that fixed it!!  So far, it doesn't lock the screen anymore at home.   Thank YOU!!!

MrGaylan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When this happens to me I delete the location and re add it .. always works until it breaks again 

user5sRmKbkTYv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issue, until I took an additional measure. In addition to the address you provide, I selected a location very close using the pinpoint/drop pin on the map. With your house inside the area/range of the circle, Google seems to understand the coordinates the GPS provides. This resolved my issue. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the cache of your device? Does this occur when the device is placed into safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.