cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7eHkx8rPs6
Constellation

S9 and S9 plus speakerphone issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My girlfriend and I recently switched from iphone to the galaxy s9 / s9+. Every since day 1 we have been having issues with the speakerphone on either device. Whenever we try and use it, every other word sounds like we're underwater. We are on TMobile and I've tried disabling WiFi calling with no luck. It looks like this is a widespread issue with these phones. Has anyone been able to find a resolution?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: S9 and S9 plus speakerphone issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to reach out and see if you were able to find a solution to this with your carrier.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and we'll be happy to help you out!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

122 REPLIES 122
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @user7eHkx8rPs6, I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties getting your microphones to work properly. Would you mind providing some more detail about your device so that we can work to pin point which devices are seeing this behavior?

* Model Number

* Baseband Version (Software Information)

* Carrier

You can find most of this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user7eHkx8rPs6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

It looks like this is only occurring when I have mobile network set to LTE/3G/2G(autoconnect) under settings->connections ->mobile networks. Once I changed this to use 3G/2G(autoconnect) this issue went away. Is there a reason why our S9 and S9 plus are having these issues on our LTE network (hd calling). We are TMobile customers.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Huh, that is weird that speakerphone only has trouble on certain networks, @user7eHkx8rPs6.

Have you already reached out to T-mobile about this behavior?

userBm0qH2Bucz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tmobile claims they could hear me clearly then the phone hung up!😒

user1Hf5zNmV5d
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife and I also have the same issue with both of our new S9's.  Carrier is Tmobile and we have the latest OS updates.  What is the solution?

usergpmRta1UCo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thought it was just connection but am also having this issue with s9+, always using discord voice chat with gaming friends whilst on speaker and always told I sound like i'm under water 

useriNHAHI5JOF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same for me when using speakerphone for the Microsoft Xbox app, while on wifi, so clearly this is not a carrier issue.

userWmLnmUtxr4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There has not been a solution offered for the S9 Plus muffled speaker phone. I have had 3 brand new phones and still have the same issue. Please help.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to reach out and see if you were able to find a solution to this with your carrier.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and we'll be happy to help you out!