Constellation

Re: S9 and S9 plus speakerphone issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had no luck with this at all. Bummer.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Phone are under warranty at Tmobile for one year. I had the same issue. You only have to pay 5.oo when you pick up the Warranty phone in store. You have to submit it through customer service

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my S9 for the past 4 or 5 months, and experiance the same issuefrom day 1.  Whenever I use speaker phone the person on the other end says that I am not clear and that i sound like i am under water....even your rep when I called in to complain about it.  I also haver several friends with the same model phone that have the same problem.

Mod# is SM-G960U

R28K319B18R

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I turned on WIFI calling and the problem was solved. I'm carried via Cricket. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, just checking back in to see if anyone has been able to try the troubleshooting steps provided?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Frankly, I'm SCARED to clear all my phone data!

I have found another solution that you should try.  My husband and I both got Samsung Galaxy S9s on the same day.  He has had NO speaker phone problems.  I have ALWAYS had speakerphone problems--and this is a feature I use all the time--so that's no bueno!  What we have found is, when I have my PHONE CASE OFF, my speaker phone works just fine.  His phone case doesn't cover the end of the phone.  This allows the sound to travel to the microphone without anything in the way.  If I put anything near the phone, even with the phone case off, my phone gets muffled again.  The issue is: there needs to be clear access to the phone's mic.  Get a phone case that doesn't obstruct the mic, and it seems to solve the problem.  So far, I've only found two of these on Amazon.  But I'm hopeful that I'll have good speakerphone function in just a few days--like my husband has had all along!  Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userTWf4XIqXgO; Thank you for responding and providing us with an alternative solution! Keep us posted!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Billo86; For the microphone issue, there are 3 apps under system apps named Phone, use these steps for each app named phone: 
Settings> Apps> 3 Vertical Dots> Show System Apps> Phone> Storage> Clear Cache> Clear Data

Please let us know if these steps help. Also, as provided by userTWf4XIqXgO, make sure your case is not obstructing the microphone. Thanks!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This didn't help on my phone and I don't think it could considering I've seen the issue in other apps besides the Phone app.  Technically I didn't notice any impact, neither good nor bad from clearing the cache and data from the 3 Phone apps.

The case isn't blocking my mic either.  The issue does not happen 100% of the time, it's mainly when there's some background noise so presumably a buggy noise cancellation feature kicks in and that's when people complain they can't hear me.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Verizon S8, S9, and S9+ all have same issue, when we talk on speaker phone people say its muffled.