cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxPX6mZqkIl
Asteroid

S9 battery drain after update

Hey guys, so my battery is draining more than usual today. Experiencing it after the latest update to the phone . Happens on power mode as well. I've cleared the cache partition and the battery still drains quickly when in safe mode . The things buggin.

10 REPLIES 10
userTSgMsi2HO1
Constellation

Re: S9 battery drain after update

Same issue with my phone as well. Definitely related to the software update from Samsung.

userxPX6mZqkIl
Asteroid

Glad to know I'm not alone. Hopefully a fix soon !

DarthRidiculous
Cosmic Ray

Try restarting your phone, or go to device care and stop running apps. One more thing you can do is have apps go to sleep as soon as you close them.

userW3E5DQRgTN
Constellation

I have the same issue after the update. Dod anyone get a fix for this?

Highlighted
OGBrock
Cosmic Ray

hey all, so getting an software update is the same as getting a new phone out of the box, as far as the software is brand new, when you first bought the phone the first week you had said device it was trying to learn your habits etc etc, no different with a software update. give it a week, if it still persists then I can try my best to help you solve the issue.

An update might fix the issue. The real question is, When will Samsung release an update to do so?

userLNOlRziQpf
Astronaut

Is there an answer to this problem yet? My S9 is suffering from the same problem since the update and it's getting ridiculous to be honest, it's worse than having a bloody i-phone.

Same issue not sure of there's any fix..

userYYYc8cN9jk
Astronaut

I have the same issue since the updates. This always happens when a new galaxy is out.. They make your battery drain faster so you will buy a new phone.. so tired of this. Its can't be wear bacause the difference is just too big at once. Please stop building in battery drains for "older" phones, Samsung.