So odd problem with my S9+ and Chevy Equinox and curious if others have encountered this issue. My bluetooth plays media and I can make calls, however, when I have an incoming call and answer, then the following occurs:
-My ringtone through the car continues nonstop. I have to shut off my car, go away, and come back for it to reset. I did recently learn if I press my onstar button, then that will stop the ringing as well.
-Once you answer an incoming call then all calls after on bluetooth do not work. I can call, but have to switch to speaker phone to speak. Same thing with answering another incoming call. I can answer and no ring the second time, but have to switch to my speaker phone.
I did learn that this only occurs if I answer the incoming call. If I just let it ring or decline, then calls over bluetooth continue just fine. I have unpaired devices, called Chevy and had them perform a unit reconfig and told me it was a Samsung update. I called Samsung and they said they never heard of any prior complaints. Even after restoring my phone and stereo to factory settings problem still persists. Curious if anybody out there has experienced similar scenario.
Solved! Go to Solution.
For what it's worth, I'm running the latest build publicly available (CSAB) and everything is functioning fine with my phone's bluetooth connection to my Audi. Hopefully they fix the issue for Chevy's.
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Please follow these steps, as written. The vehicle bluetooth settings may vary.
1. Turn off ignition.
2. Exit vehicle, close all the doors, DO NOT Disturb the vehicle for at least 4 minutes.
3. While waiting for step #2 to complete, uninstall Android Auto app on the customer's phone.
4. In the customer's phone, select Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Advanced Settings [3 dots in the upper right-hand corner]> Phone ringtone sync> Toggle to OFF
5. Enter the vehicle and turn ignition on.
6. "Forget" Android Auto capable devices from the Radio:
6.1 Select Home Screen
6.2 Select "Settings"
6.3 Ensure "Systems" tab is selected in the upper left
6.4 Select "Phones"
6.5 Locate all Android Auto devices in list
6.6 For each device, select Edit (Pencil symbol) on the far right of device/phone name
6.7 Tap "Forget Device"
Note: After completing step 6.7, pair the device and Bluetooth calling will be fully operational.
7. Reinstall Android Auto.
8. Connect phone by USB and approve Android Auto permissions.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.
Same problem with S9 and 2019 Chevy Trax - worked perfectly until the software update, now I cannot use my bluetooth.
If they don't fix it soon I will be changing phones.
I was given a solution that fhas worked for my Galaxy S9 and 2019 Equinox.
1. Uninstall Android Auto.
2. in Blutoot settings go to "Advanced" (Or the 3 verticle dots) nad turn off ringtone sync.
3. in the Equinox, in settings/vehicle/phone remove all instance of your phone.
4. reinstall Android Auto
5. plug phone into the USB port and follow instructions.
This was given to me by GM and it has worked great. below is some contact info if needed.
Thank you it did make so I can use my cell if someone calls me but I hear a ringtone that's not on my cell I hear two Ringtones but it works I am happy thanks again