JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Experiencing issues with incoming calls on my S9+ Bluetooth with Chevy Equinox

(Topic created: 03-05-2019 03:21 PM)
user0HPw2TBAQH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So odd problem with my S9+ and Chevy Equinox and curious if others have encountered this issue. My bluetooth plays media and I can make calls, however, when I have an incoming call and answer, then the following occurs:

-My ringtone through the car continues nonstop. I have to shut off my car, go away, and come back for it to reset. I did recently learn if I press my onstar button, then that will stop the ringing as well.

-Once you answer an incoming call then all calls after on bluetooth do not work. I can call, but have to switch to speaker phone to speak. Same thing with answering another incoming call. I can answer and no ring the second time, but have to switch to my speaker phone.

I did learn that this only occurs if I answer the incoming call. If I just let it ring or decline, then calls over bluetooth continue just fine. I have unpaired devices, called Chevy and had them perform a unit reconfig and told me it was a Samsung update. I called Samsung and they said they never heard of any prior complaints. Even after restoring my phone and stereo to factory settings problem still persists. Curious if anybody out there has experienced similar scenario.

18 Replies
userf1ykk80iYi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem here 2019 trax no one can figure out who's responsible Chevy says att or Samsung they say Chevy 

userOWahLXlpZg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue here with a 2019 equinox.  While I'm connected to Android Auto and decline a call I am able to get the ringing to stop by pushing the Google Assistant voice button on the screen . 

0 Likes
userViM4jsr7Dq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Followed the above instructions from @dharris59  and it WORKED!!! Literally had tried everything, and have been waiting forever for someone to figure thus out! So thankful for you sharing this info!!! 

userPVLmoRnJTv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So happy to hear I'm not the only one.  I thought it was something wrong with my car....i had att to send me a new phone and everything.  I have a 2018 trax  Did you ever get your situation fix?

0 Likes
user0kDxaqWSJd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

constant ringing in car after an incoming call.  I spoke with GM and they havent had any updates with the radio. This needs to be resolved ASAP.  This is not a GM issue it is Samsung.  Has anyone even heard from Samsung within these threads?  If so sorry I cant find one, if not the Samsung where are you.

0 Likes
userpc9jQsJKSQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue.

0 Likes
jpollman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just did the procedure posted by SamsungRei and it worked perfectly. Give it a try.

0 Likes
userpC8DoTkm55
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the same issue but it is only when an iPhone is calling in. GM is fully aware of the issue and their engineering team is working to fix the problem. Their software is having compatibility issues with Androud and mostly with the Samsung Galaxy S9+.

0 Likes
QueenstonCHEV-j
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

here is a video on how to fix this issue. 

https://youtu.be/60vFyrTcm9o

Queenston chevrolet
0 Likes