cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_7TJFNtc
Astronaut

S9 charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having issue with charging my S9. I've purchased another Galaxy S9 charging cable and an aftermarket cable as well as used my girls S9 cable and I'm not getting a full charge after having it plugged in for over 5 hours and the battery has over 50% life left. Also it's making the beep sound that happens when I plug in the phone all the time and constantly beeps with the slightest movement! Driving me nuts and "Tech" support doesn't know what's up with it and wants me to drive 50 miles round trip to the nearest repair facility for them to look at it! Any suggestions would be appreciated!! I've also tried to tape the cable to the phone with electrical tape and that hasn't helped one bit

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S9 charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We do have the option for you to mail your device in for service. What troubleshooting steps have you tried as we don't want you to repeat them?

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S9 charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We do have the option for you to mail your device in for service. What troubleshooting steps have you tried as we don't want you to repeat them?

Samsung_biG5a68
Astronaut

I had a similar issue with note9 First clean the charging...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a similar issue with note9

First clean the charging port...with alcohol.

Get ur hands on a fast charger

Let the phone drain down completely n then charge...

LeoZimm1978
Constellation

I was having a similar problem mine kept saying slow char...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having a similar problem mine kept saying slow charging I got another Samsung cable and still did it. So I went looking around and stumbled across a charging cable that the piece plugged in your phn stayed plugged in and flush with your phn so you cant see it. The cable itself attaches to that piece magnetically and charged fast with no problems. It was the best 5 bucs I spent from China on the Wish app.

Samsung_7TJFNtc
Astronaut

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I ordered the cable...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I ordered the cable that you suggested and I cleaned both the port on the phone (which was nasty) and the plug on the cord. Keeping it off the charger over night to drain the battery down!

Thanks again!

Dave