cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user6qvBPBqRWg
Asteroid

S9+ doesn't ring but "forwarded call" notification shows on screen.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got a strange problem with my new Galaxy S9+. I forward my home phone (using phonepower voip service) to my cell. Whenever I receive a forwarded call, the S9+ always shows the "forwarded call" tag at the bottom of the home screen but it doesn't always ring or vibrate, just eventually goes to voicemail. About half the time it will ring, and the other half, it just stays silent and shows the "forwarded call" notification.

I have Tmo service, but because I get the "forwarded call" notice, it doesn't seem that it would be the service.
-I've talked to phonepower tech support twice, and they're convinced their end is handling the forwarding correctly.
-I've checked the settings and can't find anything unusual.
-I've googled around, and checked the forums here, but haven't found a similar problem or any help.

Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S9+ doesn't ring but "forwarded call" notification shows on screen.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this.

View solution in original post

user6qvBPBqRWg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've spoken to T-mobile a couple of times and they say it's a Samsung issue.  Since the phone has the notification "forwarded call" show on the screen, it would appear that the call is forwarded by t-mo.  For some reason, the S9 doesn't ring. 

user6qvBPBqRWg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ironic that this thread is marked as "solved" by the tech support, when it is not solved at all.  I reached out to the carrier before posting this on the Samsung thread.  It's a Samsung issue, but they are passing the buck. 

There is still no solution to this question.

userb829K783Cf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same, I have confirmed with my carrier twice, they've confirmed theres no issue. I've had the same carrier with my iphone for 5 years, never had an issue. No one in samsung is taking ownership. 1300 dollars down and a samsung phone that doesnt ring. Missed an interview yesterday thanks to samsung, my phone never rang and the interviewer left a voicemail that I got notified for an hour later. Worst decision of my cell phone life to move to samsung.