Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S9+ drops bluetooth connection with Ford Sync after September update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello-

I have an Edge 2018, since the sync update was proformed to my car February 2019 I have the phone issue, where sync and the samsung galaxy 9 don't like each other. My Ford Dealer can't figure the problem out. The problem also exists with my husdand's Motorola phone. Both phones are updated and the car's radio/sync has the newest updates  (done June 2019). I don't believe that Samsung is the problem, it seems to me that the Sync system is at fault. Since the problems shows up with other phones, not only the Samsung.

Pat

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has a solution been found?   I own a T-Mobile note9, last week I updated the phone with both Sept and August updates, right after that the connection with my Ford sync drops very often, both Bluetooth and cable, I don't think there is an issue with sync because I have not updated sync in a long time, also the problem started just after the phone upgrade.

Where can I see the release notes for the updates, I am guessing something changed.

Also how do I rollback the update?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have been suffering from this same issue since that update. I had placed calls into Samsung tech support asking if there had been other complaints of similar happenings and they assured me that there was not. But this community post leads me to believe otherwise. I too had my truck serviced at Ford dealership and they could not find anything wrong with the radio. My sync system will drop the bluetoothed phone and the phone will cause the system to randomly select different media items (ie will go from sirius radio to FM radio, to AM radio on its own).

When will there be a corrective update since it has now been over a year since the first reported occurences?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly, this thread describes my problem. I have a Samsung s9 and a Ford Transit with sync 3. Being that the car is relativ new i wanted to complain to Ford, but did a google search first, and decided to make a test first.

All phones were in the front windov (10 cm) from the radio, and was tested for 1-2 hours of driving time, and the stability was noted after each drive:

Samsung s7 - unstable

Samsung s9 - very unstable like every 1 - 3 minutes

Iphone 5 - stable, not one singel drop of connection

iphone 7 - stable, not one singel drop of connection

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I decided to retest my Samsung Galaxy S9 and my Ford Transit 2018 with sync 3.

After 4 days of testing, thats like 4 or 5 drives, I decided to stop, because it was so unstable it was not usable.

Samsung S9 with sync 3 --> very unstable, not usable.

If anyone is interested:

Samsung Galaxy S9

Modelnumber: SM-960F

Android-version: 9

Base version: G3960FXXS7CSJ3

Ford Transit 2018

Sync 3, softwareversion 3.0 Build 18025_PRODUCT Ford Motor company

Gracenote-version: 1.1.1.1127 (EU-0010)

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope. Samsung s9 and Ford sync3 still does not work together.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have found a solution to this problem.  I had a Galaxy S8 and an S9 and I have a 2017 Ford F-150 with Sync 3.  Both phones had the problem described here.  I reset the phones, reset sync.  updated Sync.  Updating sync seemed to help for a while but then it came back.  Finally I noticed that every time it happened I would get that high volume warning on my phone that you get when you connect to Bluetooth devices.  I would get the high volume warning (on the phone) as soon as the truck started and the phone connected.  I noticed if I tapped OK on the warning, the phone would not disconnect.  But next time I started the truck I would have to make sure i tapped OK on the phone - not going to do this every time I get in my truck.  Not sure why the warning keeps appearing - it should only appear the first time you connect to particular device.   So I found the article in the link below which allows you to disable the warning without rooting your phone.  seems to be working good for me.

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-automatically-disable-the-high-volume-warning-without-root/

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's your Bixby routine. Change it from disconnect to your car and itll fix it

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This sounds very interesting.

Could i get a more detailed description of where to find this option?

I have looked in all menus in my samsung s9 - bixby settings.

Screenshot_20200211-191204_Bixby Voice.jpg

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ford warranty is a farce! SYNC3 failures are well documented well within the 3/36 warranty period on my '17 Edge Titanium but the problem couldn't be resolved. After a lemon law dispute the decision went to Ford because SYNC3 failures and instability issues did not present a "major safety issue." So much for "bumper to bumper" new car protection!