Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userjBLysaIPek
Asteroid

S9+ drops bluetooth connection with Ford Sync after September update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am on Verizon wireless and after the September update, both my phone and my husbands S9+ will not stay connected to my vehicle. It will initially connect but after anywhere between 20 minutes to 40 minutes it will randomly disconnect and won't try to reconnect again unless I manually reset the connection on the ford sync or turn off and on my Bluetooth on the phone. Even doing this it will just disconnect again in the time frame listed above. This never happened prior to the update. I wanted to be sure it was the phone update so when I was at the dealership with my car yesterday I had them test my ford sync system and had them sync my phone to another ford sync system and it was doing it at the dealership also. To further test things one of the technicians had an s9 which has not run any updates since June. The phone connected and stay connected for over 2 hours.

They are 100% sure that it is an issue with the September 2018 security update and they also have other complaints in their system from others reporting this issue. So I am reporting this to Samsung and Verizon. This problem needs to be fixed as I use my phone handsfree all the time and this is rather annoying that this is happening. Just in case you suggest clearing the cache, resetting network connection, and resetting the phone to factory. I have done all this and it has not fixed the problem. I waited to report this until the security update in October came out to verify and it is still doing it.

Sean

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S9+ drops bluetooth connection with Ford Sync after September update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Certainly, I will forward this concern accordingly. Thanks again for reaching out to us.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

17 REPLIES 17
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely understand your concern. May I have the Baseband version of the phone? I would like to see if the lasted software is installed on your phone. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userjBLysaIPek
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Baseband is G965USQS3ARIB

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

May I have the carrier as well?

userjBLysaIPek
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Verizon Wireless
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. It looks like this may be a compatibility symptom with the update. Your phone has the latest update installed, but it is possible the car stereo does not have the latest update. At this time, I can suggest 2 options to help with this concern. You can contact the Manufacturer of the car and see if the car's stereo has the latest update or you can perform a factory reset on the device. I highly recommend checking with the manufacturer first to avoid losing personal data. You could also try toggling the Connect to Car Via USB on and off in MirrorLink, to see if it reconnects to the car. 

userjBLysaIPek
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
If you read my original post you would have seen that my car spent all day at the dealership yesterday working on this issue. A security update should not mess up the bluetooth communication. Ford says the car has the latest software and as I said it was working fine before the September update and they even proved that with a phone without that update. They did perform a reset on my system and it is still experiencing this and they proved it was not an issue with their system but with the update in September.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand Ford did a reset on their system, so next, I would recommend trying a factory reset on your phone. 

userjBLysaIPek
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Once again PLEASE READ MY ORIGINAL POST!!!!! It completely explains what I did. I think I covered all the bases including resetting the phone to factory. I really think this needs to be escalated up and looked into because if a phone without the update works fine and the two phones with the update don't work and it stopped working right after the September update then update has an issue and it needs to be looked in to.

Please escalate this up to your technical department for them to look into.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Certainly, I will forward this concern accordingly. Thanks again for reaching out to us.