cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IT Guy
Astronaut

Re: S9+ drops bluetooth connection with Ford Sync after September update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently switch from an iphone to the Galaxy S9 and I am having the same issue. It is the only complaint I have besides the learning curve however it makes using the phone in my truck a pain. The timeout for mine is literally within a minute or two and intermittent. I have reached out to the dealer and they cannot find an issue with my truck's sync system. It never did it with the iphone so that only leaves this device as the root cause. I found this string searching for a fix so I wanted to add my device to the list. 

userr6K0V9LLCB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a solution to the problem I am also getting disconnected from bluetooth 

@SamsungDarius wrote:

Certainly, I will forward this concern accordingly. Thanks again for reaching out to us.

usergjEeG2CUFR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Last year I decided it was time to change phones and went back to Samsung, since I see a lot of people are having the same issue I am having, and that Samsung is not only unable but unwilling to fix the problem they have created with synch, I will call my Verizon rep and recall all samsung phones in my organization and ban them.

Fix the problem or you are getting over 200 phones back, I am tired of companies selling us junk and wanting us to keep the junk because they are not able to fix their software issues.

Since last update, my phone keeps on disconecting from synch, the phone call stays alive but the bluetooth drops, over and over and over again. 

I'll wait 1 hour, it is right now 8:17 am in Los Angeles, if by 9:30 I do not have an answer that satifies me and all the other people having this issue, I am returning all samsungs and getting something else. 

Trent r
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the solution or fix over  a year later and issue still exists.  I have an S9 a flagship device and issues with Android auto connecting to Ford sync 3 with Android auto support.  As a long time Samsung supporter getting tired of the lack of support.  These issues are why Apple has you beat.  Stick with what you do best... Just build the hardware.

rmarinella
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm shocked that this issue has never been resolved by Samsung. Is it a hardware issue with the S9+ or a firmware issue. I have 2 S9+, one each for my wife and I. We have 2 Ford vehicles with Ford Sync 3. The problem is intermittent, but can't be fixed by rebooting, resetting the phones, resetting Ford Sync 3. Yet any other phone, including iPhone does not have this issue. Are you going to fix this Samsung or have us all switch to another device out of frustration?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@rmarinella are you using a car audio unit that uses Android Auto?

rmarinella
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The stock Ford Sync 3 Units support Android Auto, so yes. Is there something different that needs to be done as a result?

usermFYFJL4NFa
Constellation

I'm having this same issue with my s9 and my husband's no...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this same issue with my s9 and my husband's note. We have a range rover and took it already twice to the dealership since we bought it and they haven't been able to fix the issue. Apparently it's not the car cars it's the phones. My son has a g6 and his connects with out an issue. Our disconnects with in 1 to 5 mins. Not worth even trying to connect it until hopefully Samsung does an update or something to fix the issue.

userrOsPh8dqMW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello-

I have an Edge 2018, since the sync update was proformed to my car February 2019 I have the phone issue, where sync and the samsung galaxy 9 don't like each other. My Ford Dealer can't figure the problem out. The problem also exists with my husdand's Motorola phone. Both phones are updated and the car's radio/sync has the newest updates  (done June 2019). I don't believe that Samsung is the problem, it seems to me that the Sync system is at fault. Since the problems shows up with other phones, not only the Samsung.

Pat

Highlighted
userZPGEXSFaKl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has a solution been found?   I own a T-Mobile note9, last week I updated the phone with both Sept and August updates, right after that the connection with my Ford sync drops very often, both Bluetooth and cable, I don't think there is an issue with sync because I have not updated sync in a long time, also the problem started just after the phone upgrade.

Where can I see the release notes for the updates, I am guessing something changed.

Also how do I rollback the update?