Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userzwSvBC2thQ
Constellation

Re: S9+ drops bluetooth connection with Ford Sync after September update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have been suffering from this same issue since that update. I had placed calls into Samsung tech support asking if there had been other complaints of similar happenings and they assured me that there was not. But this community post leads me to believe otherwise. I too had my truck serviced at Ford dealership and they could not find anything wrong with the radio. My sync system will drop the bluetoothed phone and the phone will cause the system to randomly select different media items (ie will go from sirius radio to FM radio, to AM radio on its own).

When will there be a corrective update since it has now been over a year since the first reported occurences?

Lasse
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly, this thread describes my problem. I have a Samsung s9 and a Ford Transit with sync 3. Being that the car is relativ new i wanted to complain to Ford, but did a google search first, and decided to make a test first.

All phones were in the front windov (10 cm) from the radio, and was tested for 1-2 hours of driving time, and the stability was noted after each drive:

Samsung s7 - unstable

Samsung s9 - very unstable like every 1 - 3 minutes

Iphone 5 - stable, not one singel drop of connection

iphone 7 - stable, not one singel drop of connection

So in conclusion: if you own a Ford.  Apple is superior to Samsung. Buy a iphone, because it actually works.

Samsung this is not satisfying. No answer or any action.......................................... :-(

Lasse
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly, this thread describes my problem. I have a Samsung s9 and a Ford Transit with sync 3. Being that the car is relativ new i wanted to complain to Ford, but did a google search first, and decided to make a test first.

All phones were in the front windov (10 cm) from the radio, and was tested for 1-2 hours of driving time, and the stability was noted after each drive:

Samsung s7 - unstable

Samsung s9 - very unstable like every 1 - 3 minutes

Iphone 5 - stable, not one singel drop of connection

iphone 7 - stable, not one singel drop of connection

So in conclusion: if you own a Ford.  Apple is superior to Samsung. Buy a iphone, because it actually works.

Samsung this is not satisfying. No answer or any action................................................. :-(